Certified Nursing AssistantApply Now
Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
The mission of Baystate Health is “to improve the health of the people in our communities every day, with quality and compassion.” For over 130 years, Baystate has been a keystone of Western Massachusetts as it has evolved, grown, and emerged as one of the highest quality and most effective health care providers in the nation. Baystate Health was named a top 15 Health System in the country by Thompson Reuters; and is a PRC National Excellence in Healthcare Award Winner. Most recently US News and World Report ranked Baystate Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital as the only two hospitals in Massachusetts to achieve top quality ranking for five common procedures and conditions such as total joint replacement and congestive heart failure.
Baystate Health believes that the advancement of knowledge, through education and research, is essential to its mission of improving the health of the communities it serves. Baystate Medical Center has major programs in postgraduate medical education with residencies in Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Pathology, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Medicine-Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, and Psychiatry; along with 22 fellowship programs.
Baystate Health is a forward-thinking organization. With impressive size, scope, and expertise, Baystate Health is the longtime market leader for health care services in western Massachusetts and is financially solid. However, as in most regions of the country, the healthcare landscape in western Massachusetts has shifted as a result of ever-increasing economic pressures and corresponding provider consolidation. Baystate Health is committed to its position as the key provider of tertiary level medical services to the people of Western Massachusetts. At the same time, Baystate Health has embraced a broader mission of promoting better health for the communities it serves and reducing health disparities. Baystate Health is committed to the provision of high value health care and is transforming how it delivers care and educates the next generation of physicians. One example of this is TechSpring, Baystate Health’s digital health care laboratory in downtown Springfield. Founded in June 2014, TechSpring works with entrepreneurs on ways that health care technology can fade into the background and take up less time.
In June 2015, Baystate Health established a new partnership with the UMass Medical School to develop a new regional clinical campus in Springfield, known as the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate (UMMS-Baystate). UMMS-Baystate is now home to UMMS’ four-year Population-based Urban and Rural Community Health (PURCH) track, which welcomed its inaugural class of 22 medical students in Autumn 2017. Through this innovative program, the three institutions are partnering to strengthen the pipeline of new primary care physicians for the future in Western Massachusetts. These three institutions have also collaborated to create the Institute for Healthcare Delivery & Population Science, to generate and apply new knowledge to transform health care delivery and population health in support of Baystate Health’s strategic goals. The Institute conducts health services research projects in partnership with local, regional, and national stakeholders.
Baystate Franklin Medical Center (BFMC), located in Greenfield, MA, is an 89-bed community hospital that joined Baystate Health in 1986. The hospital boasts a state-of-the-art surgical center and a new endoscopy center that opened in August 2017. BFMC provides high-quality inpatient and outpatient services to communities in Franklin and Hampshire counties, as well as southern Vermont. Specialized programs include wound care and hyperbaric medicine, heart and vascular care, cancer care, family-centered obstetrical care, sports medicine, specialty medical and surgical services, inpatient behavioral medicine, and 24-hour emergency services.
As a CNA within the Med/Surg/Tele floor you will perform a variety of clinical tasks and functions. Responsibilities include direct patient care; clinic intake, patient care assistance. Multi-skilled to needs of unit in performing duties relative to smooth operation of clinic and treatment activities. Expected to manage equipment and assist in all procedures on unit.
Your responsibilities are coordinated by an RN and include:
- Assists with clerical/support activities related to physician practice and treatment activities .
- Works with HUC’s in assuring proper scheduling of patients for physician visits.
- Recognizes when referral is needed from third party provider and communicates need to coworkers in a timely manner.
- Assists clerical staff as available in preparing charts for clinic prior to day of scheduled appointments.
- Assure patients have been registered and all insurance information is in order prior to processing patient for office visit.
- Record and file laboratory/radiological testing results and other pertinent information in the patient record in a timely fashion as evidenced by manager’s review.
- Established and maintain therapeutic and collaborative relationships with members of the health care team.
- Communicates effectively with team and patients. Interacts with patients in a respectful and informative manner. Clearly communicates information related to patient care to the team. Communicates an attitude of positive customer focused interactions at all times.
- Monitors basic physiological parameters.
- Takes and records routine vital signs within the specified time frame as indicated by periodic review of time studies.
What will you need?
- CNA License required, Experience preferred.
- CPR certified.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Consistently positive performance appraisals in key areas of function and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult and stressful patient situations with tact and politeness.
This is a 24 hour per week, 8 hour shift, 2p-1030p, every other weekend and holiday, position located in Greenfield, MA. Candidate must be able to attend day time orientation in Holyoke and Springfield, MA.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.