Full / Part Time:Part time
This is a per diem position is located in Greenfield, MA. Ideal candidate should have flexible availability to include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Performs a variety of Environmental Services duties under the direction of leadership. Duties will involve complete cleaning and disinfection of patient rooms, corridors, public rooms, offices, other designated areas as needed and the changing of cubicle curtains.
Responsible for the daily cleaning, room turnover cleaning and terminal cleaning of specialty areas including but not limited to: Emergency Department, Operating Rooms, LDRP, NICU, CCN, WETU.
Candidate must be committed to consistently following and be part of the Baystate Health System Operating Principles of communication, integrity, respect, trust and collaboration and the Caring Values of quality, compassion, teamwork, service, innovation.
Interacts often in a positive light with patient, family, and caregivers in a calm, caring, professional manner.
1) High level of interpersonal and customer service skills. Responsible for greeting and utilizing scripting whenever interacting with patients and customers.
2) Maintain high levels in flexibility, organization and prioritizing work.
3) Works in a team environment, collaborating with co-workers and unit staff.
4) Maintain health, safety and attendance requirements.
5) Adhere to system and department policy and any applicable laws and regulations.
6) Ability to perform daily responsibilities with minimal supervision following departmental duty lists to complete tasks.
7) Performs other departmental duties as required.
8) Follow departmental procedure guidelines and standard precautions in managing contaminated patient care equipment and supplies. Standard precautions include: hand hygene, sharps safety and wearing personal protective equipment.
9) Responsible for conducting daily terminal cleaning, maintaining all respective log books and use of UV-C disinfection technology.
10) Responsible for the cleaning and disinfection of all horizontal and vertical surfaces, equipment and furniture.
11) Responsible for the proper removal of municipal soild waste, regulated medical waste, soiled linen, and recyclables.
12) Responsible for high and low dusting, applying finish or polish to wood & steel surfaces.
13) Responsible for daily cleaning of floors, baseboards, corners and edges.
14) Responsible for changing cubicle curtains as needed.
15) Must be able to maintain pace in high intensity units.
16) Must be able to break down, clean and disinfect various specialty equipment such as Operating Tables.
17) Responsible for moving rolling stock such as stretchers and beds as needed.
Education:GED or HiSET
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org