Financial CounselorApply Now
Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
The mission of Baystate Health is “to improve the health of the people in our communities every day, with quality and compassion.” For over 130 years, Baystate has been a keystone of Western Massachusetts as it has evolved, grown, and emerged as one of the highest quality and most effective health care providers in the nation. Baystate Health was named a top 15 Health System in the country by Thompson Reuters; and is a PRC National Excellence in Healthcare Award Winner. Most recently US News and World Report ranked Baystate Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital as the only two hospitals in Massachusetts to achieve top quality ranking for five common procedures and conditions such as total joint replacement and congestive heart failure.
Baystate Health believes that the advancement of knowledge, through education and research, is essential to its mission of improving the health of the communities it serves. Baystate Medical Center has major programs in postgraduate medical education with residencies in Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Pathology, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Medicine-Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, and Psychiatry; along with 22 fellowship programs.
Baystate Health is a forward-thinking organization. With impressive size, scope, and expertise, Baystate Health is the longtime market leader for health care services in western Massachusetts and is financially solid. However, as in most regions of the country, the healthcare landscape in western Massachusetts has shifted as a result of ever-increasing economic pressures and corresponding provider consolidation. Baystate Health is committed to its position as the key provider of tertiary level medical services to the people of Western Massachusetts. At the same time, Baystate Health has embraced a broader mission of promoting better health for the communities it serves and reducing health disparities. Baystate Health is committed to the provision of high value health care and is transforming how it delivers care and educates the next generation of physicians. One example of this is TechSpring, Baystate Health’s digital health care laboratory in downtown Springfield. Founded in June 2014, TechSpring works with entrepreneurs on ways that health care technology can fade into the background and take up less time.
In June 2015, Baystate Health established a new partnership with the UMass Medical School to develop a new regional clinical campus in Springfield, known as the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate (UMMS-Baystate). UMMS-Baystate is now home to UMMS’ four-year Population-based Urban and Rural Community Health (PURCH) track, which welcomed its inaugural class of 22 medical students in Autumn 2017. Through this innovative program, the three institutions are partnering to strengthen the pipeline of new primary care physicians for the future in Western Massachusetts. These three institutions have also collaborated to create the Institute for Healthcare Delivery & Population Science, to generate and apply new knowledge to transform health care delivery and population health in support of Baystate Health’s strategic goals. The Institute conducts health services research projects in partnership with local, regional, and national stakeholders.
Baystate Franklin Medical Center (BFMC), located in Greenfield, MA, is an 89-bed community hospital that joined Baystate Health in 1986. The hospital boasts a state-of-the-art surgical center and a new endoscopy center that opened in August 2017. BFMC provides high-quality inpatient and outpatient services to communities in Franklin and Hampshire counties, as well as southern Vermont. Specialized programs include wound care and hyperbaric medicine, heart and vascular care, cancer care, family-centered obstetrical care, sports medicine, specialty medical and surgical services, inpatient behavioral medicine, and 24-hour emergency services.
Under the direction of the Financial Counselor Supervisor and Manager a Financial Counselor will provide services to uninsured and underinsured patients in assigned inpatient and outpatient settings. These services include walking patients through state-wide insurance and grant program options, certified assistance in application process, and insurance benefit and selfpay balance education.
- Secures sponsorship for uninsured and underinsured patients by screening patients for eligibility for a variety of grant and/or government sponsored programs, identifying and counseling Medicare patients without secondary insurance, assisting with applications for supplemental coverage, and ensuring all billing information has been obtained for liability cases and newborn coverage.
- Assists patients in completing MassHealth, DDU, and BHS Financial Assistance applications and helps approved patients in selecting a plan and denied patients in redetermination efforts. Tracks status of initiated applications to facilitate and expedite the approval process.
- Corrects/updates patient and guarantor demographic, financial, and insurance information in appropriate systems. Ensures that all data collected fulfills requirements for claim submission to third parties. Thoroughly documents significant account activity appropriately.
- Maintains knowledge of current resources available to the uninsured and underinsured making appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Collaborates with case managers, social workers, and nursing units on various eligibility requirements and patient benefits to obtain the most comprehensive coverage and sponsorship possible..
- Maintains knowledge of payer guidelines pertaining to benefit, eligibility, and authorization information by use of web portals and carrier communications.
- Correct/update patient and guarantor demographic, financial and insurance information in appropriate systems. Ensure that all data collected fulfills requirements for claim submission to third parties. Document significant account activity appropriately.
- Maintains an account accuracy average rate of >/= 97%.
- Demonstrates understanding and skilled use of necessary computer programs.
- Performs mentoring responsibilities during new staff introductory period.
- Attends state and regional meetings regarding MassHealth guidelines and training. Shares knowledge with fellow staff and leadership professionally and in an effort to close any education gaps.
- Demonstrates organizational awareness in order to take initiative to find solutions to problems. Initiates improvements for benefit of team.
- Acts as a role model for staff by exhibiting positivity, confidence, and an overall professional attitude.
- Exceeds both departmental QA and Productivity standards.
- High School Diploma/GED, Associates Degree preferred
- Financial Counseling background
- Healthcare Accounts Receivable or equivalent
- Superior customer service skills
- Must be able to multi task at a high level
- Ideal candidate will have teamwork front of mind
- Ability to listen and proactively move forward to assist customer
- Sense of humor and ability to have fun in a fast paced work environment
This is a per diem position located in Greenfield, MA. We are open to hiring at a level I, II or III for this role depending on candidates skill set and background. This is a Monday-Friday business hours department. Candidate must have day time, weekday availability.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.