Health Unit ClerkApply Now
Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts
As a Health Unit Clerk on the mentla health unit you report to the Unit Manager but your daily activities are coordinated by the Unit Staff Nurse.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Work with patient and family-focused care teams to insure all business functions related to processing patient information is complete and accurate.
- Manage documentation, transcribe orders and organize patient medical record and chart.
- Obtain patient test results and other information for records.
- Facilitate communication among staff, relaying messages/information and running errands.
- Act as receptionist for visitors to unit, orient patients and families to the unit, answering routine questions.¿
What you need
- High School graduate/GED.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Secretarial skills and computer knowledge required.
- Prefer previous successful medical secretary/unit clerk experience, or Health Unit Clerk Certification required.
- Completes mandatory unit, Patient Care Division and hospital wide in services and requirements.
- Consistently positive performance appraisals in key areas of function and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult and stressful situations.
This is a per diem position located in Greenfield, MA. This role would provide vacation, holiday and day off coverage. 8a-830p. Candidate must be able to attend day time orientation in Holyoke and Springfield, MA. ¿
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.