In Patient Social Worker MSWApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Per Diem Inpatient Social Worker LCSW
What You Will Do:
As the Baystate Inpatient Social Worker you will be responsible for direct clinical services. You will be addressing the psychosocial issues that arise in acute care and emergency department settings, through a range of focused Social Work interventions and practices. The role is designed to assist patients, families, physicians, and other members of the health care team to work through an identified problem to positively affect the continuity of care, and optimal outcome of healthcare services at BMC.
You will need to demonstrate knowledge about human behavior and theory; and about the psychosocial impact of disease on individuals and families as it relates to their age and stage of development. Coordinates input from all health care professionals, patient and family to formulate a documented discharge plan assuring continuity of care on a daily basis. Additional responsibilities may include psychosocial research and/or education, as well as collaboration, and/or education, with other members of the health care team. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Supports the mission and philosophy of the department as well as the Operating and Service Standards of Baystate Medical Center.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Provides a comprehensive age-specific, psychosocial assessment of patients, including social, psychological, cultural, environmental and financial information and utilizes this information to develop a psychosocial treatment plan. Incorporates cultural and spiritual variables into the assessment.
- Ability to formulate treatment goals/plans with the patient and refer to other disciplines as needed. Supports patients' rights by treating the individual needs in the framework of their specific psychosocial, spiritual, developmental and cultural variables.
- Provides counseling services to patients and families. Utilizes diverse counseling techniques to help patients and their families deal with their medical situations more effectively. Remains current in social work practice trends. Demonstrates strong social work skills
- Maintains all appropriate records and follows the department documentation policy. Demonstrates clear understanding of CIS and E&C documentation systems. Documents on-call interventions as indicated.
- Adheres to the department Policies and Procedures. Meets productivity standards. Contributes to Ql activities when indicated to improve areas within clinical practice, or systems issues effecting delivery of service
- Demonstrates professional growth and development by conference participation, membership on professional societies, activities to increase knowledge about illness, increase knowledge of patient resources
What You Will Need:
- Master's Degree in Social Work or related field
- LICSW is preferred – LCSW is Required
- Minimum of two years as a practicing social worker in a health care setting required.
- Equivalent experience in a health care setting, internship will be considered
What You Need To Know:
- Full-time / 40 hours
- Location: Springfield, MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.