mental health counselor II
This position is 32 hours per week, day shift, every other weekend and holiday rotation. Located in Greenfield, MA.
Performs a variety of duties involving patient care and treatment, under the supervision of an RN. Acts within the framework of the Patient Care Division's philosophy, standards of nursing practice, standards of nursing care and definitions of nursing. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Provides age-appropriate care to patients. Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for all age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients.
2) Participates in specific patient care procedures under the direction of the RN. Independently communicates patient information and observations including behaviors promptly to the RN. Collaborates with the RN regarding patient progress and/or the identification and resolution of problems. Organizes patient care activities as required by patient or unit activity. Participates in initial substance use and behavioral health screening and subsequent formulation of behavior treatment plans. Independently and/or collaboratively able to screen for mental health and substance issues, and formulate and implement behavior treatment plans. Reviews plan with staff and patient - documents need for implementation in record. Provides a compassionate, safe milieu for behavioral health patients. Engages in milieu management and brief behavioral health intervention, such as empathetic listening, as needed. Documentation is complete, legible and accurate.
3) Participates in unit and educational programs. Attends and participates in unit staff meetings on a regular basis. Attends educational programs.
4) Although primary responsibility will be the role of Mental health Counselor, at times will be asked to perform other duties related to patient care.
5) Reports to the Clinical Manager but daily activities are coordinated by the CNL. Performs a variety of technical tasks and bedside functions. Responsibilities include direct patient care; hygiene, skin care, mobility and monitoring.
6) Interacts with patients in a respectful and informative manner. Clearly communicates information related to patient care to the team.
7) Assists team members with clinical activities. Provides feedback related to the team process. Assists team members with non-clinical activities.
- Associates Degree in Psychology or related field required, Masters Degree preferred
- CPR- American Heart Association, Health Care Provider required
Bachelor of Social Work: Psychology (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org