Orderly/Stat MessengerApply Now
Full / Part Time:Part time
This position is 24 hours per week. Current needs are every Saturday and Sunday 9a-7p and Thursday 3p-7p. Ideal candidate will have flexibility to flex schedule to change to the needs of the business as needed. This position is located in Greenfield, MA.
Participates in patient care by assisting health care team members with lifting and transfer of patients adheres to all patient and employee safety protocols. Possesses strong communication skills and team building attitude delivers patient records, portable equipment, linens, code carts or medications to support patient care delivery.
1) Performs lifting and transfer procedures in accordance with policy.
2) Adheres to all safety practices with regards to patient and self.
3) Transports equipment, material, records, reports, pharmaceuticals and specimens to various locations.
4) Communicates effectively in a courteous and helpful manner with patients, visitors and co-workers.
5) Maintains essential equipment of the transport department by cleaning and assuring the equipment functions properly.
6) Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures 100% of the time.
7) Participates in competency validations, educational activities and department meetings.
Required Work Experience:
1) Healthcare experience is a plus
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, ability to effectively communicate with clinical staff, patients and visitors
2) Ability to work collaboratively within and across departments
Education:GED or HiSET (Required)
Certifications:Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org