Registered Nurse, Short Stay UnitApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $2.5 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
- Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
- Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
- Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
- Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
What You Will Do:
- The provision of nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current BH Standards of Care.
- Administering and monitoring patient response to therapeutic interventions.
- Demonstrating knowledge and application of the nursing process as it relates to patients and families.
- Collaborating with health team members, patients/families in the provision of care.
- Delegating and providing direct supervision to other health team members as appropriate in the implementation of the patient care plan.
- Acting as an advocate for patients/families/significant others.
- Practicing within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing.
What You Will Need:
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required. ACLS Preferred
- Experience: Minimum 1 year acute care RN experience required; Experience in fast paced, high patient turnover area preferred.
- Emergency, Urgent Care Experience a plus;
- Education: ADN required, BSN preferred
What You Need To Know:
- Location: Baystate Medical Center
- Department: Short Stay Unit
- Hours: Full Time, 36 hours
- Shift: Nights
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.