Registration & Financial Rep
This is a per diem position located in Greenfield, MA. Ideal candidate will have flexible availability including nights, weekends and holidays.
Under direction of the Revenue Cycle Registration Manager, receives and assesses requests from all major customer constituencies: patients, providers, service areas and payers. Analyzes customer requests and coordinates accurate and thorough information exchange. Provides accurate documentation following all established protocols. Collaborates with service area and acts as liaison between Baystate Health and our external customers to satisfy customer requests. Performs responsibilities within established customer service standards.
1) Registers and/or pre-registers patients both in person and via telephone.
2) Collects/verifies/updates all account demographic and financial information including insurance information within established quality assurance thresholds.
3) Adheres to call guides and communicates in a professional, respectful and appropriate manner to all patients and/or family members as well as hospital staff.
4) Collects co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance, and other patient balances where applicable.
5) Accepts payment, releases change, and provide receipt with 100% accuracy as indicated by daily balancing.
6) Secures cash drawer according to departmental procedures with random quarterly balance checks 100% of the time.
7) Provides preparation instructions and directions to various locations.
8) Participates in a variety of activities in support of the product line which may include quality assurance review, mentoring, statistical collection and report production.
9) Participates in assigned team activities in support of product line, team and department.
10) Attends required in-service/meetings. Maintains resources. Accepts/encourages assessment/feedback from peers and supervisors.
11) Prepares daily deposit for pickup that will be delivered to the BMC cashier by a representative from BMC security or other authorized representative. BMC ONLY
12) Completes ED Unit Coordinator functions as required by shift assignment including: BMD functions, ambulance quick registration, co-ordination of patient transport, maintains patient chart and prepares chart for transfer-discharge, Medical Records. BMC ONLY
13) Covers hospital Switchboard, if applicable. BMLH & BFMC ONLY
14) Completes admission functions as prompted by request from appropriate clinical areas and reconciles census. BMLH & BFMC ONLY
15) Completes cashier functions for facility, patient inquiries and patient balances. Prepares daily cash reciepts and process all petty cash request. BMLH & BFMC ONLY
16) Completes operator functions for facility. Dispatches critical codes, activates emergency code teams, diasaster response team and stat pages. Alerts engineering to alarms. BMLH & BFMC ONLY
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 90 days experience as an RFR I
2) Successfully completed departmental orientation, and signed off by mentor in assigned product line
3) Completes assigned activities independently 90% of the time
4) Completes check-in functions independently
Preferred Work Experience:
Skills and Competencies:
1) Keyboard skills and ability to type 25 wmp
2) Speak, read, and write English clearly and concisely using correct grammar and vocabulary
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Medical Terminology - Various
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org