Sr. Specialist, Public Affairs and Community RelationsApply Now
The Senior Specialist, Public Affairs, Baystate Health Northern Region, is accountable for the planning, development and implementation of proactive and reactive external communications and community support activities to support the strategic plan of Baystate Health and its Northern Region. The Senior Specialist may support organization-wide objectives as well.
Nurtures positive media relations and identifies media opportunities. Develops beneficial organizational partnerships with community leaders and area residents in partnership with the department of Public Health and Community Relations. Supports Community Benefits program development, documentation and implementation. Conceives and supports Northern Region digital and social-media engagement efforts.
Advises senior management of the Northern and Western regions on key media, community, and communications issues, in concert with the BH Director of Public Affairs, and leads development of strategic messaging for Northern Region leadership.
Engages in broad and deep range of Community Relations activities in local community, including participation on boards and committees as appropriate and representing organization in community initiatives related to Baystate Health's mission and its role in the community. Supports Baystate Health engagement in such initiatives including but not limited to sponsorships, charitable events, public-health and educational initiatives. Supports government relations at the local level.
Promotes a positive organization image by writing, preparing, or delivering information about the
organization through newspapers, periodicals, television, radio, speeches, digital media or personal contact. Prepares written material for distribution both inside and outside the organization. Works from concepts and specific details about topic.
Implements public relations strategies to promote the organization and its programs and services to the
The Senior Specialist is an active member of BH Content Team and works actively to coordinate communications activities across the division of Strategy and External Relations and BH.
- Develops and sustains strong and mutually supportive relationships with regional media outlets and their teams, responding to all inquiries effectively and developing and placing positive coverage of BFMC, BMP Northern Region, BH and strategically important partners.
- Develops strategies with, and on behalf of, regional leaders, regional physicians and advance practice providers to publicly position them as experts in their respective communities.
- Supports continuing development and administration of effective, responsive and strategically targeted community benefits programs for the Northern Region.
- Develops and administers social and digital strategy and content for the Northern Region and supports collaborative story sharing efforts across BH departments and channels.
- Responds effectively and promptly to potential crisis communications situations and leads communications response for Northern Region.
- Supports the Community Benefits Advisory Council (CBAC) at Baystate Franklin Medical Cente and facilitates accurate reporting of the hospital's community benefits activity.
- Evaluates community sponsorship/program partnership and grant funding opportunities from the Northern Region and makes recommendations on same to the appropriate decision making authority.
- Serves as Public Affairs on call on a rotating basis.
- Supports community engagement efforts with effective communications, responsiveness and presence.
- Other responsibilities as requested by the President of BFMC, BH Manger of Public Affairs and other BH leadership as needed.
- Serves as Internal Communications lead in Northern Region, maintaining regular communication via weekly NewsFlash, Workplace, and Workzone, and contributing to Connections.
- Is an active member of the BFMC Leadership Council. Attends meetings and training sessions, participates in rounding.
- Serves as the Marketing and Communications Lead in the Northern Region. Creates marketing plans under the direction of President of BFMC and M&C Leadership.
- Identifies patient stories to highlight; conducts interviews, writes stories and schedules photo/video shoots.
- Organizes and implements media events as needed.
- Serves as the key contact and spokesperson for Northern Region. Attends community events on behalf of BFMC, including annual meetings and networking opportunities.
Bachelor of Science: Public Relations (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org