Technical AssociateApply Now
Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts
- Provides age-appropriate care to patients.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when implementing care for patients
- Monitors basic physiological parameters.
- Takes and records routine vital signs within the specified timeframe as indicated by periodic review of documentation. Obtains and documents weights/heights, abdominal girths, head circumference (Pediatric Service) as per physician/nurse order 100% of the time as indicated by quarterly review of 5 records. Consistently reports any significant deviations in vital signs as outlined in the procedure immediately.
- Administers treatments and procedures in accordance with BFMC policy/procedure.
- Changes dressings as directed by the nurse. Provides postmortem care as directed by RN according to BFMC policy. Performs all procedures outlined in nursing procedure manual within area of responsibility in accordance with specifications. Assists physicians with exams and simple procedures. Assures identity of patient by checking identification bracelet and identification band prior to performing any procedure.
- Assists patients with elimination of body wastes.
- Makes available or offers bedpan, urinal and emesis basin immediately after patient request as indicated by absence of patient complaints. Accurately labels and sends specimens of urine, feces and sputum with 30 minutes of specified time frame unless discussed with RN as evidenced by random review of reports. Accurately measures and records intake and output in accordance with established policy as indicated by random review of intake and output forms.
- Assist in the delivery of ancillary services as directed.
- Assists with treatment by following specified treatment plans developed for individual patients. Monitors patient’s condition during treatment and notifies appropriate personnel of unexpected occurrences. Provides information to RN based upon observation made during patient related care. Provides treatment within the specified time frame and documents treatments and activities consistently. Provides coverage for Health Unit Clerk as designated by CNL.
- Communicates effectively with team and patients. Interacts with patients in a respectful and informative manner. Clearly communicates information related to patient care to the team.
- Is knowledgeable of and initiates emergency procedures.
- Responds effectively in emergency situations as observed. Maintains Patient safety at all times. Communicates effectively with appropriate personnel.
- Speaks, reads, and writes English clearly.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Handles multiple priorities successfully.
- Flexible and open to new ways of thinking.
- Ability to respond quickly to an urgent situation.
- Able to pass minimum hearing requirements if required.
- Initiative, Flexibility, Problem Solving, Communication, Learning, Mentoring Capabilities.
- High School Diploma preferred
- CNA license required
- CPR required
- One year Healthcare experience
This is a 36 hour per week position, 1p-1a, every other weekend located in Greenfield, MA. Candidate must be able to attend day time orientation in Holyoke and Springfield, MA.¿
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.