BRL Client Svc Rep I
Client Services is the central area of communication between internal and external customers of BMC, BFMC, and BMLH, collaborating with and acting as liaison between BRL, laboratory, physician office, and nursing staff. Client Services is utilized as a resource for information by physician offices, patients, couriers, phlebotomists, lab assistants, revenue associates, laboratory techs and marketing representatives. Client Services Representative I must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This entry level position requires accuracy in reporting patient results, good organizational skills, attention to detail and basic computer skills.
1) Courteous and helpful in all interactions with clients, patients, internal/external customers and BRL staff. Observes and promotes BH organizational standards of behavior.
2) Works under supervision and guidance of Client Services Representative II or higher level to complete training objectives and competencies.
3) Answers incoming calls for patient test results, supply orders, specimen requirements/transport, courier/phlebotomy dispatch, outpatient pricing, orders for add-on testing, and any other client issues.
4) Accurately reports routine and stat patient results to physician offices by phone and by fax. Learns to report anatomic pathology results using CoPath system.
5) Investigates and resolves basic specimen investigation and misdirected report issues. Documents BRL errors, contacts patients for recollection. Maintains accurate, thorough and complete documentation. Learns basic specimen integrity, specimen handling and specimen labeling requirements.
6) Obtains missing/invalid diagnoses from physician offices.
7) Learns to credit tests using appropriate crediting comments. Records resulted tests on credit log.
8) Prints, bursts, files, stores client requisitions
9) Utilizes multiple computer systems to include SMS, Sunquest, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Avenue Database, Homedraw/Nursing Home Database, CIS, CoPath. Performs SMS registrations.
10) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BH Pathology compliance policies and procedures. Completes on-line compliance and safety training as scheduled. Maintains consistent and reliable attendance and complies with attendance/tardiness policy.
Required Work Experience:
1) Experience in a medical office environment, medical laboratory and/or customer service experience is preferred
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
GED or HiSET (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org