BRL Client Svc Rep II
Client Services is the central area of communication between internal and external customers of BMC, BFMC, and BMLH, collaborating with and acting as liaison between BRL, laboratory and physician office. Client Services is utilized as a resource for information by physician offices, patients, couriers, phlebotomists, lab assistants, revenue associates, laboratory techs, and marketing representatives.
Client Services Representative II encompasses all Client Services Representative I accountabilities and skills, and has met Department of Pathology Career Lattice criteria to achieve this level. This position demonstrates proficient knowledge of Client Services/BRL operations, proficient technical knowledge/specimen requirements and is a resource for Client Services Representative I, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, promote teamwork, demonstrate accuracy in reporting patient results, strong attention to detail, and ability to work at a high level of productivity.
Must be proficient in all Client Services Representative I accountabilities.
1) Courteous and helpful in all interactions with clients, patients, internal/external customers and BRL staff. Observes and promotes BH organizational standards of behavior.
2) Works independently, completes assigned tasks, prioritizes work and maintains acceptable level of productivity. Follows departmental procedures/policies. Demonstrates proficient knowledge of Client Services and BRL operations. Resource for Client Services Representative I. Trains new staff on Client Services Representative I activities.
3) Accurately and proficiently answers incoming calls for patient test results, courier/phlebotomy dispatch, supply orders, specimen requirements/transport, outpatient pricing, orders for add-on testing, and any other client issues. Answering incoming calls is top priority, with focus on providing excellent customer service.
4) Accurately and proficiently reports routine and stat patient results to physician offices by phone and by fax. Proficient in the release of anatomic pathology results using CoPath system.
5) Investigates and resolves complex specimen investigation issues. Documents BRL errors, contacts patients for recollection. Credits tests using appropriate crediting comments and records resulted tests on credit log. Effectively communicates issue resolution to clients and laboratory. Maintains accurate, thorough and complete documentation. Has acquired proficient knowledge of specimen integrity, specimen handling and specimen labeling requirements and is a resource for Client Services Representative I.
6) Obtains missing/invalid diagnoses from physician offices. Releases test prices using Misys billing program and master price file.
7) Accurately investigates and resolves misdirected report issues. Troubleshoots and resolves basic printer problems. Learning to troubleshoot basic Electronic Medical Record reconciliation issues.
8) Prints, bursts, files, stores client requisitions. Creates/Updates client requisitions.
9) Proficient in the use of multiple computer systems to include SMS, Sunquest, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Homedraw/Nursing Home Database, CIS, Call-In program, Standing Orders Database, CoPath. Proficient in Performance of SMS registrations; assists Client Services Representatives I.
10) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BH Pathology compliance policies and procedures. Completes on-line compliance and safety training as scheduled. Maintains consistent and reliable attendance and complies with attendance/tardiness policy.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum 2 years experience as Client Services Representative I
2) Mastery of Client Services Representative I accountabilities and skills
3) Or 1-2 years experience as Client Services Representative I with previous experience in a medical office environment and/or customer service experience
4) Performance evaluations meet minimum proficient rating
5) No formal discipline in 12-month period
6) Good attendance
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
GED or HiSET (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org