Clinical Lab Tech, Referral Lab, Part Time 2nd shiftApply Now
Full / Part Time:Part time
Baystate Health is seeking a Part-time Clinical Laboratory Technician
What You Will Do:
Possesses and utilizes technical knowledge and skill regarding principles and techniques of laboratory medicine as well as testing methodology. Perform a wide variety of assays and procedures within a clinical laboratory service with documented expertise. Works independently and assesses test results for validity prior to reporting. Position requires excellent verbal communication, significant computer skills and ability to interface with a broad spectrum of health care professionals in a collaborative manner.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Verifies appropriateness of specimens accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results
- Assists in the development QA indicators and collection of pertinent data.
- Reports results within established Turnaround Times. Prioritizes work and maintains acceptable level of productivity. Communicates regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
- Incumbent possess sufficient theoretical knowledge to understand tests, and basic clinical significance of results. Identify and participate in solving problems. Communicates with work team and/or supervisor regarding problems. Performs basic trouble shooting of testing requests, referring issues to supervisor as necessary.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills. Records of work performed, quality control and documentation of issues are thorough and complete, consistent with all departmental requirements and those of regulatory agencies. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and health care providers.
- As assigned, assists in projects or studies. Assists in orientation and training of staff.
- Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures
- Observes and promotes the BHS organizational standards of behavior.
- Reviews pending log daily and follows up on missing specimens and missing results.
- Develops and proofreads departmental procedures and protocols for accuracy.
- Reviews billing reports to ensure all testing has been billed. Performs manual billing in SMS as needed. Assists in the annual review of CPT codes and reference lab pricing.
What You Will Need:
- Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- MLT (ASCP) preferred
- At least 3 years laboratory experience
Laboratory skills acquired during clinical rotations and/or through experience
Education:Associate of Arts: Clinical Laboratory Science (Required)
Certifications:Medical Laboratory Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org