Coding Compliance Analyst
This position is responsible for the quality of inpatient documentation and coding. All tasks need to be performed following the Operating Principles of Baystate Health.
1) Reads and interprets medical records to determine that the assigned ICD-9-CM codes and DRG and reaching the standard of a 90% accuracy rate.
2) Contacts physicians or other departments regarding procedures/diagnoses to ensure proper coding.
3) Assists coding staff with the resolution of questions which arise as a result of coding. Interprets difficult coding questions for coding staff.
4) Identifies opportunities to improve the coding process and helps in development of new processes.
5) Prepares and presents educational sessions to physicians on proper documentation.
6) Prepares and presents educational literature and bulletins to the Medical Staff.
7) Monitors and participates in performance improvement initiatives of the coding staff and provides feedback to coding staff, manager and director.
8) Participates in the planning for assigned inter/intra departmental meetings and presentations.
9) Participates in professional development and activities to keep current with trends in coding.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5+ years of coding experience required
2) Knowledge of the 3M coding/abstracting system required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Credentialed as a Certified Coding Specialist recommended
Skills and Compentencies:
1) Thorough knowledge of ICD-9-CM codes and DRG's
2) Excellent communication and presentation skills
3) Ability to prepare reports
4) Ability to work independently and collectively as part of a team
5) Ability to work in a fast paced environment
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Coding Specialist - American Health Information Management Association
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org