Engineer Assoc ITApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
This position will be instrumental in driving our mission in the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) organization, furthering productivity and delivering value by establishing best bractice process and standards for the Data Centers. This position is responsible for the development of a process for proactive capacity management, reporting, interfacing with the I&O teams and other Informatics & Technology (I&T) teams to ensure consistency and compliance for Baystate Health (BH). This position will adhere to standards for distribution methodology (power cooling, space, structured cabling, and network equipment deployment) and documentation for all aspects of managing the data center. This role also will rigoursly follow the asset tracking and management standards.
The position accomplishes the above through a combination of planning, technical analysis & design, and technical management of system functions consistent with Baystate Health policies & procedures.
This position, reporting to the Manager, Computer Operations and other I&T technical team members is accountable for providing BH with a reliable and cost effective, continuous computing systems that support the strategic and operational needs of BH.
Observe all health and safety requirements.
Incumbent is expected to adhere to System and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
Adheres to system and department compliance policies and any/all applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Dignity and Respect: Treats patients, customer and co-workers with esteem and worthiness.
Positive Image: Represents Baystate Health in a positive light by maintaining calm and confident demeanor. Demonstrates positive attitude.
Communications: Effectively conveys and receives information. Successfully manages challenging conversations. Readily provides and receives feedback in a timely manner. Actively listens to everyone in a professional manner.
Service Accountability: Delivers personalized service and is responsive. Sets high standards for quality of work, ethical behavior and complies with all laws and regulations.
Team Work/Collaboration: Maintains individual productivity and supports workgroup effectiveness. Effectively builds and nurtures relationships and values others.
Safe Work Environment: Maintains a safe, clean and orderly work environment. Follows department and organizational safety and security policies.
Responsible use of Resources: Demonstrates a high level of awareness regarding cost containment.
This position is responsible for planning functions in support of the following areas:
• Participate in all project meetings for data center(s) and their ongoing support.
• Work with I&T teams to model & plan for future power, HVAC and space requirements for data centers.
• Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new physical and logical technologies into existing data centers throughout the enterprise.
• Orchestrate data center projects and corresponding strategies with other I&T teams.
• Responsible to work with entities within I&T teams to identify all project needs and ensure deliverable are met within specified time frames and budgets.
• Build relationships and liaise with all areas of information technology, engineering teams, outside vendors and facilities and gain an understanding of data center architectures, required functionality and initiatives.
• Hardware & Operating system (AIX and Windows) installations following pre-defined I&T. standards
This position is responsible for the implementation of the following major initiatives:
• Works directly with BH Warehouse staff to receive equipment deliveries and coordinates the delivery of equipment to various BH sites.
• Assist in the implementation of PSeries (AIX) and Intel based (Windows) hardware installations.
• Ensure diversity of power and network connectivity for all technology equipment in data center. Single Point of Failure (SPOF) should be clearly documented and communicated.
• Responsible for the operational inventory of all data center equipment to include network, server, related SAN elements and spares.
• Ensure all equipment is labeled in compliance with I&T standards
• Manages as built drawings, cable running lists, floor designs and records of deployed equipment.
• Supervises the maintenance and repair of all facilities systems and hardware
- Ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise daily and a willingness to provide on call support in case of emergencies
- The incumbent must exhibit superior project management and communication skills since he/she is required to manage and communicate across multiple levels and across both user and technical communities in a consulting and supportive role
- The incumbent participates in technical committees responsible for development of corporate standards and procedures relative to systems environments.Also may participate in committees charged with specific objectives to improve and/or recommend changes to physical plant, policies or procedures affecting microcomputer technologies.
- Incumbent must possess an understanding of Windows Server and AIX operating systems.
- Incumbent must possess strong PC hardware and software skills and their applications to multiple task environments in support of the IDS and the division’s activities .
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Responsiveness in resolving production problems with an emphasis on preventing future occurrences.
Low Voltage Electrician (Desired)
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum 0-3 years related and progressive experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1)Strong written and verbal communication. Strong team building skills. Experience in Rack capacity management and reporting. Knowledge of I&T equipment layout as it relates to Industry best practices.. Knowledge of data center infrastructure. Passion for structured cable organization
Education:GED or HiSET (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org