Materials ProcessorApply Now
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals.
- Identifies and processes STAT orders within critical time constraints
- Prioritizes and sorts standard stock orders to coincide with established delivery schedules
- Stages STAT orders for prioritized delivery, and on occasion, makes deliveries of STAT orders to all BH locations
- Select orders following the Row – Rack - Bin location system established for the warehouse in the MMIS
- Verifies product expiration date, inspects packaging to ensure sterility and integrity, and handles inventory in a safe manner to reduce breakage
- Perform routine inventory maintenance on all stock identifying and resolving problems associated with quantities, locations, manufacturer number, packaging, unit-of-measure, unit-of-issue, product size, and/or other product specifications utilizing the Lawson MMIS
- Collaborates with warehouse Team Leader and Inventory Control Coordinator to address various issues not resolved via the Lawson MMIS
- Completes the order cycle within Lawson MMIS, recording the date and time completed and the order selector’s personal identification code for productivity statistics and other tracking purposes
- Replenishes incoming stock to appropriate warehouse locations. Breaks-down bulk stock received on pallets, cartons, case lots, etc., into low-unit-of-measure quantities for shelving
- Complies with rules and regulations regarding storage, handling, and accounting for controlled products when maintaining stock and cycle counts in restricted warehouse locations
- Handles expired products by removing them from stock and ensuring proper disposal based on department guidelines
The BH Materials Processor – Warehouse Services performs a wide variety of warehousing activities including picking, verifying, and ensuring accuracy of incoming and outgoing material orders within the Lawson Materials Management Information System (MMIS). The Processor is responsible for selecting orders according to highest priority or established delivery schedules, picking & packing bulk and low-unit-of-measure stock orders for all cost centers within Baystate Health. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for accepting received stock, verifying the accuracy of items received, and shelving stock within the appropriate warehouse location, ensuring product integrity and appropriate product rotation. The Materials Processor ensures the safe operation and maintenance of power equipment, including hydraulic lifts, forklifts, and electric pallet jacks.
- High School / GED
- Strong Warehouse/Logistics background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact courteously and effectively with customers and coworkers required
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.