Medical Assistant Call CenterApply Now
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a full time Medical Assistant to work in our Call Center, the Contact Center. Under the direction of the Manager, the Medical Assistant III/ASR is responsible to ensure appropriate and timely access of care for patients throughout the Northern, Eastern and Metro regions within Baystate Health System.
What you will do:
- Responds to physician, BMP community providers needs to ensure appropriate and timely access to care for patients.
- Answers all prescription request calls from patients and pharmacies, by process of protocol.
- Assist patients in investigating delays in script refills to ensure timely receipt of medication
- Mentor-assigned to train new staff on all protocols and process, in additiona will be a role model for customer service.
- Provides prompt responses to requests for appointments and consults via telephone, fax and online portals in a professional, sensitive and courteous manner.
- Engages directly with patients to support timely, appropriate appointment scheduling.
- Responsible for providing accurate information to ensure correct clinic appointment type and duration has been assigned.
- Provides accurate documentation following all established processes and protocols. Utilizes Baystate clinical and administrative computer programs to access and provide needed patient and physician information and for communications with medical practices.
- Proficient in the following applications: CIS, Centricity Business, ORSOS, Compliance Checker, SMS, I privileges and 3M as appropriate.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of an accredited MA program.
- Must be ONE of the following:
1. Certified through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
2. A registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
3. Registered as an American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a medical office, or a minimum of two years working as a Medical Assistant II at a Baystate Medical Practice.
- Typing and Data entry test is required for this position.
What you need to know:
- This is a full time position, requiring flexibility of hours between Monday- Friday from 7:00 AM- 5:30 PM.
- This position is located at 361 Whitney Ave in Holyoke.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.