Medical Assistant Contact Service CenterApply Now
Under the direction of the Manager, the Medical Assistant is responsible to ensure appropriate and timely access of care for patients. The Medical Assistant serves as a partner with Baystate Medical Practices, physicians and other care providers and their clinical teams to ensure integrated, patient-centered care that ensures timely delivery with appropriate provider access for patient care. The Medical Assistant fosters communications and high level service and satisfaction to clients (referring physicians and patients). The Medical Assistant will understand patient needs and utilizes his or her clinical and administrative knowledge to make decisions that will enable the most expedient and efficient access to care. The Medical Assistant is responsible for utilizing efficient work processes, creating positive experience outcomes that meet physician and patient needs, and foster strong relationships with others that build loyalty of all referring physicians and patients.
- Responds to physician, BMP community provider’s needs to ensure appropriate and timely access to care for patients.
- Provides prompt responses to requests for appointments and consults via telephone, fax and online portals in a professional, sensitive and courteous manner.
- Engages directly with patients to support timely, appropriate appointment scheduling.
- Responsible for providing accurate information to ensure correct clinic appointment type and duration has been assigned.
- Provides accurate documentation following all established processes and protocols. Utilizes Baystate clinical and administrative computer programs to access and provide needed patient and physician information and for communications with medical practices.
- Proficient in the following applications: CIS, Centricity Business, ORSOS, Compliance Checker, SMS, I privileges and 3M as appropriate.
- Product line Champion-recognizes potential problem and brings it to Leadership with possible solution.
- Answers all prescription request calls from patients and pharmacies, by process of protocol.
- Review the standard protocol and ensure that the patient is up to date on all labs and visits before filling the medication. If patient is not up to date, the MA will order the appropriate labs.
- Assist patients in investigating delays in script refills to ensure timely receipt of medication
- Maintain an accuracy rate for call processing for a minimum of one practice.
- Engaged and customer focused.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
Required Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic Life Support CPR preferred
- Graduate of an accredited MA program.
- Must be ONE of the following:
- Certified through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- Registered as an American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with National Healthcare Association
Skills and Competencies:
- Keyboard skills and ability to type 25 wpm
- Speak, read and write English clearly and concisely using correct grammar
- Successfully completed a medical terminology course or will successfully complete approved course within one year of hire
- Comfortable working with physicians/medical professionals,
- Solid communications skills in English, Spanish in some settings as needed (both written and verbal)
- Positive, upbeat personality with a positive outlook and focused on service excellence
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to actively listen and engage in communications to ensure understanding of requests/needs of clients
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Credentialing must be awarded by a third-party credentialing body which can be obtained through: 1. Registered through Medical Assistant (ARMA) - (Minimum Requirement); 2. Registered through American Medical Technologist (AMT) association; or 3. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA); or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or 4. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). - Credentialing must be awarded by a third-party credentialing body which can be obtained through: 1. Registered through Medical Assistant (ARMA) - (Minimum Requirement); 2. Registered through American Medical Technologist (AMT) association; or 3. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA); or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or 4. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org