Medical Assistant, LongmeadowApply Now
Location: Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a full time Medical Assistant.
What You Will Do:
As the Medical Assistant you will provide an understanding approach to patient care, is responsive to patient needs, maintains confidentiality, and provides support to patients during examinations, testing and procedures and ensures smooth transitions during patient sessions.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- To provide patient centered care the Medical Assistant assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height).
- May draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Assists provider with or performs procedures/testing as directed or by protocol.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Follow up with patient providing educational resources, appointment information and referrals.
- Ensure that patients’ records are accurately documented.
- You will approach work with a can do attitude, works collaboratively with the clinical and office staff, and looks to improve operations or resolve problems with thoughtful consideration and responsiveness to the needs of others.
- Proficient in the Essential Functions and the Practice Specific Skills Inventory for this level.
- Career advancement may be available from MAIII to the MA IV
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited MA program or equivalent training with demonstrated competencies of MA III (evaluated by hiring manager) and minimum of 3 years experience as a medical assistant.
- CPR is required
- Please note: Credentialing must be awarded by a third-party credentialing body which can be obtained through:
- Certified by American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA);
- Registered through Medical Assistant (RMA) and/or American Medical Technologist (AMT) association;
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association or
- Completed the Ambulatory Computerized Physician/Provider Order Entry (ACPOE) program through Springfield Technical Community College.
- Certified Medical Interpreter (Required for Medical Interpretation Duties)
What You Need To Know:
- Full-time / 40 hours
- Location: Longmeadow MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.