Baystate Wing, Nursing Supervisor, Per Diem
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $2.5 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
- Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
- Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
- Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
- Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of the activities of the total patient care service during his/her assigned shift. In the absence of the Administrator and/or designee, the Nursing Supervisor has the authority and responsibility for administrative decision and appropriate notification of the Administrator-on-call.
What you will do:
- Performs all aspects of the job in an environment that optimizes patient/staff safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Participates actively in problem solving within the department/between departments.
- Communicates with supervisor and peers.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationship with other departments.
- Administers the effective distribution and utilization of personnel employed during the respective shift.
- Participates and assists in patient care meetings, inservice education functions, planning and providing of inservice education programs within the hospital, or other meetings, seminars or institutes conducted outside the hospital.
- Visits all patient care units to ascertain condition of patients, evaluate staffing needs and establishes a positive working relationship with staff and physicians
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- MA RN License
- Staff nurse and manager experience required
- Other courses in management, human resources and supervision preferred
Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.