Patient Care Technician, Baystate WingApply Now
Full / Part Time:Part time
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
At Baystate Health, Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) perform an important role providing care to our patients. They take vital signs, administer treatments and procedures, assist patients, communicate with the care team and maintain patient safety at all times.
What you will do:
- Daily activities are coordinated by the RN
- Performs a variety of technical tasks and bedside functions
- Responsibilities include direct patient care; hygiene, skin care, mobility and monitoring
- Multi-skilled to needs of unit in performing duties relative to phlebotomy and EKGs
- Expected to manage equipment and perform or assist in all procedures on unit
What do you need:
- High School diploma or GED.
- CPR-Basic Life Support of Healthcare Provider required from the American Heart Association
- C.N.A. or equivalent experience.
- Great interpersonal skills, compassionate care giver and able to work in a fast paced environment a MUST
Thank you for applying with Baystate Health.
Please note that we have the following shifts available:
- Days 7a-7:30p
- Nights 7p-7:30a
- weekends and holiday rotation
Education:GED or HiSET (Required)
Certifications:Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org