Supervisor Behavioral Health Units Baystate Wing HospitalApply Now
Location: Palmer, Massachusetts
As the Supervisor of the Behavioal Health Units at Baystate Wing Hospital, your essential functions include;
- Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and in conjunction with the Psychiatric and Behavioral Health Administrative Leadership Team, the Program Supervisor for the psychiatric inpatient units (Parker North and Geriatric psychiatry unit) is accountable for the following: clinical and quality outcomes, patient/family satisfaction, regulatory compliance, operating efficiency, financial performance and staff engagement, motivation and competence on Units
- The Program Supervisor supports the Nurse Manager in the development, coordination and data-supported evaluation of clinical programming, the development and dissemination of unit policies and procedures, budget development and tracking of financial performance, staff education, workforce planning and related activities
- The Program Supervisor may also support the Nurse Manager in the oversight of other behavioral health areas in the hospital within the Nurse Manager's scope of responsibility, as assigned. The psychiatric units include a multidisciplinary team consisting of psychiatrists, clinical nurse specialists, physician assistants, occupational therapy, social workers, registered nurses, mental health counselors, as well as students and interns. Reporting directly to the Program Supervisor are the occupational therapists, patient care technician, constant companions and mental health counselors
- In addition, the Program Supervisor is accountable for the operations of the psychiatric consultative service throughout the hospital. The position ensures consults are communicated to the pschiatric team, are completed in a timely fashion and billing is completed by the physician
- The Program Supervisor establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with professionals within and outside the hospital organization, including professional organizations, mental health agencies, and graduate schools that may send students for training. Under the direction of the Director Behavioral Health, the Program Supervisor participates in health system-wide behavioral health initiatives as assigned
What you will need?
- Master's Degree or Doctorate, Mental Health Discipline
- Minimum three to five years in hospital-based, multi-disciplinary mental health setting, supervisory experience
- Individual, group and family therapy with individuals experiencing acute psychiatric disorders; ability to provide clinical supervision; ability to work in a team oriented multidisciplinary arena recognizing the importance of promoting optimum team coordination and functioning
- Current Massachusetts LICSW, LMHC, LMFT or Psychologist required
Position located at Baystate Wing Hospital, Palmer, MA
Full-time/40 Hours Week
Please submit resume with online application
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.