Administrative Coordinator, Surgical OncologyApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a full-time Administrative Coordinator
What You Will Do:
As the Administrative Coordinator you will provide extensive administrative support and some secretarial support to Department Management personnel. Responsible for coordination of the daily operations of the office, independently prepares and/or completes a variety of complex reports, analysis, spreadsheets, and databases. Takes initiative to respond to inquiries and represents the department in resolving problems, exchange of information, and interpretation of departmental policy and procedures.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Provides office operation coordination and administrative support to Department of Surgery Management, Division Medical Directors and Sections Chiefs.
- Project Management - Collaborates with team(s) to keep projects on-time and moving forward. May function as project team leader.
- Manages the facilitation process for various meetings as requested by the Department Management. Conducts and/or attends meetings, takes, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes and agenda, coordinates follow-up on action items.
- Prepares complex administrative reports, statements, rosters, etc. performs difficult data and/or information gathering, computes complex calculations, spreadsheets, drafts and prepares special reports analyses for review by supervisor.
- Maintains contacts inside and outside Baystate Health to obtain or relay information, arrange meetings, gather data, etc. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls for department and responds to general inquiries or routes to appropriate personnel.
- Receives and screens incoming correspondence, reports, memos, etc., and answers to and /or prepares appropriate responses to inquiries and operations of the department.
- Develops, maintains, and revises record keeping and filing systems, and classifies, sorts and files correspondence, articles, records and other documents.
- Initiates and prepares appropriate paperwork for purchase/expenditures for equipment, office supplies, standard department inventory, travel, and other purchases.
- May assist and provide monitoring of departmental budgets and accounts.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma, Associate’s degree strongly preferred
- 2 -5 years previous office experience
- Must have the ability to manage multiple set priorities, support projects of varied scopes, and maintain confidentiality.
- Expected to demonstrate sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving and advanced organizational skills and the ability to work with little guidance.
- Demonstrates skill with multiple MS Office suite, including spreadsheets and database management.
What You Need To Know:
Full-time / 40 hours
Location: 759 Chestnut Street, Springfield
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.