Ambulatory Nurse, Infectious DiseasesApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
- Functions independently to assess, develop and implement plan of care for complex patients including medical and/or psychosocial disorders.
- Patient Education
- Establishes plan of care, sets priorities and implements the plan of care with patient/family and team/provider input.
- Care Coordination
- Triages and coordinates patient care ensuring access to care and patient success.
- Demonstrates respect and advocates for the patient’s rights, values and belief systems.
- Develops patient trust and engages the patient/ family in care and treatment. Understands social and cultural differences that might impede patient care
What you will need:
- Licensed by the MA as a Registered Nurse and CPR certified
- Minimum of 2--3 years of nursing experience
- Clinical experience working with patients with Infectious Diseases such as HIV HepC, STDs etc. strongly preferred
- Experience and knowledge with IVs or PICC lines strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-physician outpatient or medical practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have competency in delivering exceptional nursing care and have proven success in partnering with both physicians and staff.
What you Need to Know
- Practice Hours- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm- scheduled days as needed
- Location -3300 Main Street - Springfield, MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.