Automation SpecialistApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
Possesses and utilizes high level technical knowledge and skill regarding understanding the principles and techniques of laboratory medicine including clinical significance of tests. Takes charge of Centralized Send Out Laboratory which includes oversight of daily operations, procedure development and maintenance, LIS maintenance and staff. Develops schedules and work assignments. Reviews instrument maintenance logs and quality assurance metrics. Gathers QA data, creates Patient Safety Reports and performs root cause analysis when indicated. Working with manager and medical director initiates requests for additions to Department of Pathology test menu. Initiates change control process for new and changes to send out tests. Has major role in assuring CAP compliance with regard to send out tests.
1) Verifies appropriateness of specimens, accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results. Ensures results are reported within established Turnaround Times. Prioritizes work and maintains high level of productivity in section. Takes appropriate action regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
2) Ensures that procedures are performed according to written protocols. Prepares and maintains procedures for section. Responsible for quality control and quality assurance activities for section. Ensures that results meet established departmental standards for accuracy. Demonstrates ability to manage own work assignments in addition to supervision of others. Maintains LIS for send out tests. Initiates change control process for new and changes to send out tests. Initiates requests for new send out tests and sends to manager for analysis.
3) Ensures that results are reported within established Turnaround Times. Prioritizes work and maintains high level of productivity in section. Takes appropriate action regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
4) Incumbent demonstrates outstanding technical, interpretive and evaluation skills. Serves as a resource to identify and solve problems. Takes a leadership role in defining and addressing problems. Routinely communicates issues with suggested resolutions/or resolution to manager.
5) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills. Oversees documentation of work performed, quality control, corrective actions for errors and instrument failures. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and health care providers.
6) Orients and trains new employees and teaches students when appropriate. Participates in departmental committees as assigned.
7) Responsible for developing, maintaining and updating procedures.
8) Has integral role in CAP inspection preparation by participating in checklist review, interpretation of standards, implementing corrective action, and applicable proficiency testing.
9) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures.
10) Observes and promotes the BHS organizational standards of behavior.
Required Work Experience:
1) BA or BS degree in laboratory science or the incumbent may possess an AS degree with MLT certification followed with MT(NCA) certification
2) Must achieve 12 EUS per year
3) Five years minimum total experience which must be current and relevant
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) High level of relevant expertise
2) Position requires excellent verbal communication, significant computer skills and ability to interface with a broad spectrum of health care professionals in a collaborative manner
Education:Associates of Science: Clinical Laboratory Science (Required), Bachelor of Science: Clinical Laboratory Science
Certifications:Certified Medical Technician - Other
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org