Behavioral Health ClinicianApply Now
The Family Advocacy Center, is an accredited Children's Advocacy Center, which is a child-focused, community oriented, facility-based program in which representatives from many disciplines meet to discuss and make decisions about investigation, treatment and prosecution of child abuse cases. Additionally, The Family Advocacy Center is a recipient of a SAMHSA grant emphasizing Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), an evidence-based trauma-informed treatment. The Behavioral Health Therapist is a member of a multidisciplinary team of clinicians who provide trauma-informed assessments, as well as, individual and group therapy to children/adolescents and their families who have been impacted by trauma (victims of sexual abuse, exposure to domestic violence and other traumas). Under the direction of the Medical Director and Clinical Supervisor, the Behavioral Health Clinician performs a wide variety of duties involving patient evaluation, case management, treatment, discharge planning and documentation.
1) Provides trauma-informed assessments of children who have experienced maltreatment. The assessments are comprehensive, age-specific and include a social, psychological, cultural, spiritual, environmental and financial assessment necessary to inform proper therapeutic care.
2) Ability to formulate trauma-informed treatment goals/plans with the client and refer to other disciplines as needed. Supports patients' rights by treating the individual needs in the framework of their specific psychosocial, spiritual, developmental and cultural variables.
3) Provides therapeutic services to patients and families. Utilizes evidence-based trauma-informed therapies to help patients and their families deal with their trauma history more effectively. Demonstrates strong clinical skills.
4) Demonstrates skill of collaboration, advocacy and linkage as they relate to patient care. Provides patients and families with information on community resources and appropriately refers patients/families to identified resources. Participates in patient and family educational efforts.
5) Maintains all appropriate records and follow the department documentation policy.
6) Adheres to Departmental policies and procedures. Meets productivity standards. Contributes to Performance Improvement activities when indicated to improve areas within clinical practice, or systems issues effecting delivery of service.
7) Contributes to development of programs within the Family Advocacy Center, the Departments of Behavioral Health and Pediatrics, as well as our community partners.
8) Contributes to development of programs within the Family Advocacy Center, the Departments of Behavioral Health and Pediatrics, as well as our community partners.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Experience working with children and families in a therapeutic capacity is preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Bilingual/bicultural preferred
Master of Social Work: Social Work (Required)
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org