Behavioral Health ClinicianApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
Thank you for applying to the Behavioral Health Clinician position with Baystate Health. Pleases note the following details:
Family Advocacy Center Vacancy:
• Department: Family Advocacy Center (FAC)
• Schedule: M-F, 36 hrs/wk
Comments/Description:This position is partially grant funded (78%) through the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA), which was awarded to the FAC. This is a 4 year grant cycle with $1.07 million per year that runs from 7/2018 – 6/2022.
This position provides clinical therapeutic services to the children and families at the FAC. It supports two key programs, trauma-focused behavioral health services and homicide bereavement services for which we currently have active waiting lists.
Under the direction of the Director of Behavioral Health, Program Manager, and/or Supervisor, the Behavioral Health Clinician II (BHC-II) in the Ambulatory area is responsible for performing a wide range of duties involving patient evaluation, case management, treatment, discharge planning, and documentation. The BHC-II is responsible for gathering a psychosocial evaluation through interviews and record reviews and completing an assessment with case formulation and treatment plan. The BHC-II facilitates psychoeducational and psychotherapeutic groups as assigned and psychotherapeutic family and systems meetings. Position includes close collaboration with the treatment team, which may include a Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse, Supervisor, Behavioral Health Clinicians, Psychiatric Nurse and/or Mental Health Counselors. The BHC-II must have excellent written, keyboarding, and verbal communication skills. Represents and supports Baystate Health’s mission to provide quality, compassionate care to members of our community while operating in collaboration with other clinical departments, emphasizing the important interaction between behavioral health, general health, and wellness. Contributes to Baystate Health’s four compass points of Safety, Quality, Experience, and Value, and demonstrates the BH values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Teamwork and Innovation in all interactions with patients, families, colleagues and collateral contacts
Adheres to system and department compliance policies, as well as any and all applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Completes a psychosocial evaluation including current and past history, assessment of mental status and risk assessment through patient interviews, collateral contacts, and record review.
2) Identifies the reason(s) for admissions and in collaboration with the patient develops treatment goals and weekly updates.
3) Facilitates/co-facilitates psychoeducational and psychotherapeutic groups to address treatment objectives.
4) Actively participates in the Multidisciplinary Treatment Team Meetings in order to coordinate the highest quality of care to patients.
5) Completes timely documentation of all clinical services in accordance with departmental policies.
6) Develops specialized clinical expertise as required and identifies appropriate goals that enhance professional development and institutional needs. Maintains independent licensure, including earning of required CEU’s, and adheres to all other practices and policies as outlined by Baystate Health, hospital-specific and department-specific policy manuals and employee handbooks.Contributes to the perspective of her/his professional discipline to the interdisciplinary care team and adheres to the profession’s Code of Ethics.
7) Actively participates in departmental and program meetings, such as conferences, administrative meetings, program development, and other special committees.
8)May provide clinical supervision to master’s program interns.May act as a preceptor to master's level Behavioral Health Clinician I accruing supervised clinical hours necessary to qualify to sit for the independent licensure exam.
9)This description covers the essential functions of the position. The incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
10) Management has the right to add or change to job responsibilities at any time.
Minimally Required Experience:
Minimum of three years of clinical experience in a healthcare or social services setting.Equivalent experience in a Masters's level internship setting may be considered.
Five or more years of clinical experience in a healthcare or social services setting
1) LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical. Social Worker ) or
2) LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor)
Education:Master of Science: Social Work (Required)
Certifications:“Independent clinical license: 1) LICSW (Lic. Independent Clin. Social Worker; 2) LMHC (Lic. Mental Health Counselor); or 3) LMFT (Lic. Marriage & Fam Therapist) (required) - “Independent clinical license: 1) LICSW (Lic. Independent Clin. Social Worker; 2) LMHC (Lic. Mental Health Counselor); or 3) LMFT (Lic. Marriage & Fam Therapist) (required)
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org