Bus/Shuttle Driver CDLApply Now
Location: Baystate Medical Center
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
Baystate Health is hiring a per diem Shuttle/Bus Driver in Springfield, MA. This is a great opportunity for someone with past experience in logistics to continue to use their CDL driving experience. With this position there are no weekends or holiday driving, a very competitive rate and you are making a difference in the daily lives of our community.
What you will do:
- Operate vehicles from a minivan to a 52 passenger bus in a safe manner to prevent accident and injury and also operates both shuttle buses and special event buses.
- Provide a daily report of vehicle inspection and daily passenger reports.
- Report any maintenance issues to the supervisor immediately.
- Conduct vehicle checks, report discrepancies to supervisor.
- Know assigned routes and alternatives
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner recognize rules of the road.
- Complete daily trip logs, vehicle accident reports and incident reports when appropriate.
What you need to know:
- This is per diem position.
- This position is located in Springfield, MA
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience driving a vehicle requiring a CDL license preferred.
- MA CDL class B with air brakes and passenger endorsement.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Fleet Policy Statement:
- Applicants must possess a valid driver's license recognized by the employee's state of residence and satisfactory finding from their Motor Vehicle history report as a contingency of employment.
- A drug screen is required after an offer of employment is extended.
- Failure to comply with or have acceptable test results will result in the rescinding of the employment offer.
- Employees whose positions are covered by this policy are subject to random drug screening and an annual review of their motor vehicle history.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.