Cardiac Perfusionist, Sign on Bonus offeredApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
We are seeking a Cardiac Perfusionist to join us, as we discover the latest cardiovascular breakthroughs and perform the most advanced procedures in the industry.
Baystate Health in Springfield, MA is a Level I Trauma and Teaching hospital which employs 12,000 employees. We are looking for a Perfusionist to join our Team. You would be working in our Heart & Vascular Center with State of the Art Technology. We opened this $250 million, 640,000 sq. ft. Heart & Vascular Center in 2012. Baystate performs approximately 800 cardiac cases annually. 650-700 are on pump cases and 100-150 are pump standby cases. This is a great opportunity for someone to become a part of this dynamic cardiac team.
Baystate Medical Center’s renowned cardiac experts are performing more than 80% of all cardiac surgeries in western Massachusetts and ranked among the Top 5% in the Nation for Cardiac Services and Cardiac Surgery. The center supports collaborative care including faster and more in-depth communication among staff and streamlined processes.
The Davis Family Heart & Vascular Center was the first patient care area to open in Baystate Medical Center’s 2012 expansion, providing a new home for the award-winning Heart & Vascular Program.
The Davis Center boasts:
- Six Cross-Functional Surgical/Endovascular suites
- A new 20-room CARE unit
- Three floors (96 rooms of private medical-surgical beds
- 32 Cardiovascular critical care rooms
We are seeking a Cardiac Perfusionist to join us, as we discover the latest cardiovascular breakthroughs and perform the most advanced procedures in the industry
What will you do?
- Under the direction of the Chief Perfusionist you are responsible for the operation of the heart-lung machine during surgery and the operation of special mechanical devices to assist in blood and blood products.
- Operation of the heart-lung machine requires many skills and an extensive knowledge of medicine.
- The perfusionist must be prepared to deal with many emergency situations under extreme pressure.
- As an integral part of the heart team, the perfusionist must be able to communicate effectively and get along with physicians, nurses and other members of the team.
What will you need?
- Perfusionist Certification
- Massachusetts Licensure required.
- Bachelor Degree minimum with heavy concentration in science
- Graduate of accredited perfusionist program required.
What you need to know:
- Full time position; 4 - 10 hr days
Sign on Bonus offered
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.