Cardiovascular AssistantApply Now
Location: 3300 Main Street
Baystate Health is seeking a full time Cardiovascular Assistant. In this role the responsibilities include direct patient care including noninvasive testing, preparation for examinations, and data collection. Skills include obtaining a medical history and consent, pulse volume recordings, and exercise testing as directed and overseen by registered staff.
What you will do:
- Prepare patients for cardiac or vascular procedures.
- Explain cardiac stress test or vascular procedure to patient.
- Interview patient to obtain history. Present documentation to medical staff to determine if procedure is appropriate.
- Prepare patient for electrocardiogram or PVR Procedure.
- Performs and assists in non-invasive vascular examinations.Takes and records routine pulse volume recordings as indicated by periodic review of documentation.
- Once medically cleared for test, initiate procedure via department protocol. Provides ongoing monitoring and documenting necessary findings. Informs Nuclear Medicine Personnel when a patient having a cardiac perfusion stress test can be injected. Determines appropriate time to discontinue exercise stress test. Records pertinent information on electrocardiogram as listed in procedure manual to insure patient safety as observed by supervisor and monthly random review of charts.
- Maintains equipment in a clean and proper working order.Cleans all equipment and patient care areas according to procedure daily as observed by random review.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Three years prior cardiovascular experience preferred.
- BLS CPR required.
- Successfully completed the hospital dysrhythmia course and exam and update annually.
What you need to know:
- This is a full time positon.
- This position is located in Springfield, MA.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.