Care Coordinator Medical AssistantApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Care Coordinator for the Pioneer Valley Asthma Coalition grant that has been awarded. This is a part time, 32 hour per week position. This grant is designed to improve the health and quality of life for people with asthma. The HPC’s SHIFT-Care Challenge grant opportunity is designed to foster innovative care delivery models in Massachusetts that shift the unnecessary delivery of care of complex patients from acute care hospitals to more economical, patient-centered, community-based settings. The intervention includes 3-4 home visits for asthma management education and support, distribution of supplies as well as home assessment and repair services for any asthma triggers that are identified.
What you will do:
- Serve as the contact point, advocate and informational resource for patients, care team, family/caregivers, payers and community resources.
- Initiate and promote adherence to a care plan in collaboration with team members and the patient/family.
- Documentation Responsibilities: Keeps process logs of patients triaged, dispensation of initial referral, provider scheduled, and nature of follow-up needed to best serve patient. Maintain and update documentation of contact with patient. Collect, enter, and compile data for program integration, reporting, and program evaluation. Document services in medical records.
- Promote timely access to appropriate care while increasing the utilization of preventative care, managing referrals, transitions-in -care, and reducing emergency room utilizition and hospitalization.
- Works independently while recognizing the importance of communicating to the clinical team and supporting team goal.
- Increase patients' ability for self-management and shared decision -making.
- Works seamlessly with primary care and behavioral health providers, ancillary staff including other nurses, medical assistants, pharmacy, IT, front desk and any other staff to integrate patient care.
- Works closely with the Nurse Care Manager to assure comprehensive assesments are completed accordingly.
What you will need:
- Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in a medical setting.
- LPN preferred.
- Medical Assistant preferred.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, decentralized environment as a member of a healthcare team.
- Driver’s License required.
What you need to know:
- This is a part time, 32 hour per week position.
- This position is located at 3300 Main Street in Springfield, MA.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.