Cat Scan Tech, Per DiemApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
What you will do
Under the supervision of the Radiologist and according to established policies and procedures, operates CT equipment as required, to obtain diagnostic images according to Radiologist specifications; will assist the Radiologist in protocols/procedures. The CT Technologist performs CT exams in compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital policies and procedures. The incumbent selects appropriate imaging parameters according to the knowledge of standard settings to produce CT exams of diagnostic quality with 90-95% accuracy. Assists radiologist in specialized exams such as biopsies, ablation, and abscess drainages. Consistently follows proper patient screening/care protocols and provides accurate documentation associated with each exam while supporting expedited patient throughput and diagnosis. Ability to operate multi-slice Computed Tomography (CT) scanners to produce cross-sectional radiographs of patient's body for diagnostic purposes by performing the following duties. Safe operation and care of CT equipment and exposure of patients to radiation for diagnostic information. Must be able to provide professional and quality care while following hospital policies, procedures and standards. Performs all duties of a CT technologist on a daily basis and provides direct patient care to patients ranging in age from pediatric through geriatric. Perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to supply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis.
What you will need
· Associates degree
· State of Ma Radiography License required.
· ARRT – (CT) required
· BLS for Healthcare Providers preferred
· Satisfactory completion of a formal radiologic technology program in an AMA approved school preferred.
· Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
· Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
· This individual must be capable of: manipulating equipment, evaluate and select proper exposure factors, evaluate images, lifting, moving, and transporting patients, continual standing and walking, adapt to stressful and emergent situations, and have good communication skills
· Per Diem position
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.