Cath Lab Tech, Full TimeApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time CIS
What You Will Do:
Under the guidance of Cardiac Cath Lab Manager, the Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (CIS) is a part of a patient care team that performs various cardiac, neuro and peripheral vascular diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the theory and application of cardiovascular/peripheral vascular disease process, procedures, as well as aseptic technique.
- Able to anticipate the next steps of the procedure by constant attention and assessment of the process and patient condition to promote a safe, expedient, quality patient outcome and positive patient experience.
- Scrub and assist the physician at the procedural table. Monitor, identify and record pertinent EKG and hemodynamic data.
- Submit charges and document chronological events of the procedure. They will set up and operate Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP), Rotoblator, Impella, Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR), Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS), CSI in addition to any new technologies.
- They will act as a resource to the physician by understanding the potential application, risks and benefits of all available procedural supplies and equipment. They will anticipate, gather and deliver required items to the sterile field using aseptic technique. .
- The CIS will be an active member of a 24/7 call team supporting Cardiac and Neurological emergencies.
- Applications: Cerner(CIS), McKesson Horizon Cardiology and Vuemed
- Manage access site and hemostasis, manual sheath removal
- Performs patient monitoring as well as complete and accurate documentation of all aspects of procedure. Captures and inputs data for procedural calculations.
- Performs at least minimum of on call rotations as determined by staffing requirements and manager discretion to ensure competency is maintained.
What You Will Need:
- Associates degree in a science related field
- Healthcare Provider BLS is required
- ACLS preferred or will be completed with training
- Enrolled in an Accredited Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist program or 6 months Cardiovascular Experience
What You Need To Know:
12 hour shift 36 hours (24/7 Call and Coverage)
7:00am to 7:00pm
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.