Clinical Education CoordinatorApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
The Clinical Education Coordinator is an RN, PT, or OT with expert knowledge of CMS Homecare Conditions of Participation (CoP's) and a talent for teaching and engaging with staff to advance staff clinical knowledge and proficiency in documentation in the electronic medical record within all regions of Baystate Home Health.The Clinical Education Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Quality and Compliance and collaborates with agency leaders to define clinical staff performance goals which support major short and long-term divisional and organizational initiatives. Through this collaboration, the Clinical Education Coordinator supports the implementation of the Baystate Home Health and Hospice care delivery to meet standards of compliance and efficiency.The scope of responsibility and accountability for the Clinical Education Coordinator role continuously evolves to meet the demands of the practice and regulatory environment.The strategic goals of the organization are a guide for the Clinical Education Coordinator’s priorities and goals.The Clinical Education Coordinator assumes a variety of roles throughout the Baystate Home Health and Hospice regions including: educator, facilitator, orienter, change agent, team member, consultant, researcher, leader, communicator, collaborator, advisor, and mentor.As health care is in a constant state of evolution, the Clinical Education Coordinator plays a pivotal role in helping the organization and the staff they serve to adapt to the demands of these changes.The Clinical Education Coordinator must remain flexible and maintain a focus toward the future.He/she must be proactive in leading change rather than reacting to emerging trends (such as workforce issues, clinical practice changes, professional development practice changes, and organizational changes).The Clinical Education Coordinator works in partnership with clinical leadership to ensure clinical and regulatory compliance is met by all clinical staff.The Clinical Education Coordinator leads the orientation process for new hires and develops a strong preceptor program.The Clinical Education Coordinator ensures clinical documentation competence so that the Homecare and Hospice EMR serves as a vehicle for accurate documentation which allows for smooth coordination of care, integration of services and is a tool for clinical decision making and reporting.The Clinical Education Coordinator assesses current state of Home Care and Hospice staff competencies and develops a plan to implement ongoing curriculum and improvements.
1) Demonstrates expert knowledge of CMS Conditions of Participation and is able to teach these conditions to staff at orientation and on an ongoing basis.
Systematically assesses the quality and effectiveness of visiting staff understanding of conditions of participation and practice standards by performing joint field visits. Assists Clinical Managers in identifying areas of concern for visiting staff and developing action plan for improvement.
2) Maintains current knowledge in nursing, therapy, home health aide, and social worker practice.Demonstrates full competency in their own profession skills competency.Actively seeks out professional development opportunities, achieves OASIS certification, CPR trainer and other certifications as needed to model the way for visiting staff.
3) Evaluates his/her own practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, along with relevant statutes, rules and regulations. Evaluates what topics are deemed necessary for staff education and prepares and presents this education using professional standards of adult education. Responsible for program development of annual competencies.
4) Assesses, designs, plans, implements, and evaluates educational programs and projects including orientation, preceptor program, continuing education, competencies, and in-services for all staff in all regions of Baystate Home Health and Hospice.Tracks staff required education and competency to ensure regulatory compliance.
5) Performs the role of EMR Superuser. Works with internal IT and EMR vendor to assist management and staff with EMR issues and optimize EMR utilization. Ensures the optimization of EMR system through education and training for all Regions of Baystate Home Health and Hospice. Stays abreast of and interprets new home health trends so that the EMR facilitates overall agency compliance with CMS COPs and other industry standards. Works with IT specialist to help develop/educate changes in EMR.
6) Collaborates with inter-professional teams, leaders, stakeholders and others to accomplish positive clinical and financial outcomes that are dependent upon accurate documentation. Develops, maintains and champions all aspects of clinical documentation to ensure evidence based practice and skilled care is documented.
7) Provides mentoring,onboarding, knowledge and support to new employees. Develops and roles out robust orientation program and reassesses agencies needs on an ongoing basis. Develops, assesses, and updates all skills checklist competencies to ensure lists are accuarte and meet regulatory guidelines, and are completed for all new hires at completion of orientation. Develop Preceptor Program and educates, mentors, and supports all preceptors in this role to ensure orientation support to all new hires.
8) Responsible use of resources available. Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness and cost in regard to educational activities and expected outcomes. Researches and advocates for appropriate educational material needed to advance the Baystate Home Health and Hospice educational experience for staff.
9) Assists the Director of Quality and Compliance in developing and updating policies and procedures for Baystate Home Health and Hospice. Educates staff on policies at orientation and ongoing as needed.
10) Leader in performance improvement activities and quality audits focusing on agency initiatives and goals. Establishes fail safe systems for regulatory compliance in home care and hospice practices and documentation.
11) Manages all clinical staff CPR certifications.Obtains CPR trainer status for Healthcare Provider BLS CPR in order to certify all Baystate Home Health and Hospice staff that are required to have BLS CPR as part of their job function.
12) Manages the home health aide annual training requirements following the conditions of participation regulatory requirements.Tracks all aides completion of required trainings.Works with managers to ensure all aides are compliant with requirements.
13) Role model to all staff to be a positive change agent and support all initiatives set forth by BHH senior leadership team.
Required Work Experience:
1) 3-5 Years experience in professional clinical practice.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Proficiency in information technology and homecare and hospice EMR.
2) Knowledge of adult learning principles .
3) Knowledge of the diverse populations served.
4) Ability to critically process information.
5) Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of organization.
6) Demonstrated ability to teach individuals and groups.
7) Promotes a safe and healthy work environment.
8) Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with patients and professionals of all disciplines.
9) Supports integration of evidence and best practice.
10) Maintains confidentiality and integrates ethical principles in all aspects of practice.
11) Maintains educational and clinical competencies appropriate for role.
12) Motivated to facilitate change and serve as a change agent.
13) Maintains flexibility when managing multiple roles and responsibilities.
14) Serves as a role model and promotes the concept of lifelong learning.
15) Mentors other professionals.
16) Exemplifies financial responsibility by effectively and efficiently managing resources to achieve desired outcomes.
Education:Bachelor of Science (Required), Master of Science
Certifications:Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified OASIS Spec-Clin (COS-C) - Other, Driver License - Other, Occupational Therapist - Other, Physical Therapist - Other, Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org