Clinical Engineering Service Rep Specialist Imaging TechApply Now
Perform a varierty of Equipment Management Program Services including: preventative maintenance (PM) & corrective maintenance, incoming inspection & installation, warranty coverage, vendor provided maintenance, operator training, pre-purchase evaluation & capital planning, and disposition. Maintain accurate inventory and documentation of all service events performed on imaging equipment and related meidcal equipment.
1) Perform incoming inspection, installation, calibration, preventative maiantenance (PM), corrective maintenance, and disposition of imaging, radiation therapy equipment, and other general biomedical equipment.
2) Provide techical support in equipment pre-purchase evaluation and equipment capital budget planning.
3) Work with customers and management to ensure appropriate technology utilization. Provide technical support and in-service education programs on use of equipment.
4) Work with outside vendors as needed to secure repairs and parts. Monitor completion of activities performed by outside vendors.
5) Prepare purchase requests for services and supplies. Work with Supervisor to ensure accuracy of invoices and Statement of Expense.
6) Maintain accurate listing of inventory. Document all service events performed on medical equipment in the CMMS according to the CE policy.
7) Mentor CE Staff in their area of technical expertise.
8) Served as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in their specialized area
9) Attend meetings, conferences, seminars and classes as requested
10) Provide after hours on-call support
11) Observe all health and safety requirements, maintain standards of practice consistent throughout BH, and ensure that the records are in compliance with safety codes set out by regulatory agencies such as the Joint Commission, Department of Public Health (DPH), HIPAA, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and National Electrical Code (NEC).
12) Monitor workload and schedule activities to maximize productivity.
13) Provide technical related reports as needed.
14) Exercise tact and discretion in patient care areas.
15) As workload necessitates, perform other CE functions.
Required Work Experience:
1) 4 years full-time experience as a Clinical Engineer or Biomedical Technician with 2 years demostrated success in service to specialized clinical devices included but not limited to:anesthesia machines, ventilators, cardiac monitors, sterilization technologies, dialysis technologies, etc
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Compentencies:
1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Organizational skills; Ability to make sound judgments; Take initiative in completing tasks; Demonstrate creativity and flexibility in problem resolution; Maintain and increase knowledge base and skill level; Basic Computer skills; Basic knowledge of Computer Networks
Associate of Arts (Required)
Driver License - Various
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org