Clinical Psychologist - Adolescent Eating DisorderApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time Eating Disorders Psychologist
This specialist position in the Child Behavioral Health department will emphasize collaboration with the multi-disciplinary Adolescent Medicine Eating Disorders Clinic. The primary responsibility will be outpatient assessment and treatment of eating disorders. Consultation & liaison work in the hospital and program development are also important roles. The primary treatment modality in the clinic is Family Based Treatment, but a range of therapeutic approaches may be used. We take pride in our multidisciplinary team approach to clinical care, which encourages the sharing of perspectives and input both within our clinic, across departments, and with our community partners while working together on challenging cases. In this position, experience providing evidence-based treatment to children and adolescents is required.
In addition, this position offers the opportunity for a voluntary academic appointment with UMass Medical School-Baystate. Our department is strongly rooted in a creative, academic environment that emphasizes evidence-based practice and is highly engaging for clinicians.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Possess doctoral level knowledge of eating disorders and their treatment, developmental stages, child and adolescent mental health diagnoses, current treatment modalities, ethical guidelines, and therapeutic processes.
- Provide culturally sensitive treatment to clients.
- Participate in teaching opportunities, including potential supervision of graduate practicum students, as well as teaching medical students and/or psychiatry residents.
- Provide a safe environment.
- Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional growth.
What You Will Need:
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Licensure in MA or license eligible in MA
What You Need To Know
- Full time/40 hours per week
- Located in Springfield, MA with multiple clinical sites
- 10% Administrative program oversite.
- 90% Clinical interaction with patients and providers
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.