Clinical Risk ManagerApply Now
- Serve as an expert resource regarding clinical healthcare legal issues, interpretation of state and federal statutes and regulation and potential legal and safety risks and ramifications of healthcare decisions and actions
- Collaborate with the Patient Safety department in the identification and investigation of patient adverse events
- Coordinate the Patient Safety CARe process: including investigation of patient safety adverse events, preparing providers to do disclosure of investigation results to patients and families and collaborating with our Captive Insurer to work toward resolution
- Collaboration with providers to promote patient safety
- Prepare and submit mandated reports to state and federal agencies and, when applicable, coordinate with external agency investigations.
- Develop and present educational programs to medical, professional and technical staff on issues of professional liability and clinical and enterprise risk awareness and mitigation
- Develop policies to insure compliance with state and federal healthcare laws and regulations
- Work with retained counsel on matters of investigation, discovery and trial preparation of lawsuits.
- Serve on committees throughout the Baystate Health organization to promote the health of our communities with quality and compassion
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- BS or BA in a health-related field or equivalent experience required, Masters or a JD degree is preferred but not mandatory.
- Previous healthcare risk management or professional liability experience preferred.
- Nursing experience preferred, however related healthcare experience will be considered.
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) and Professional Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) certifications preferred but also not mandatory
Baystate Health’s risk managers are an integral member of the healthcare team. As the Risk Manager, you will be responsible for identifying potential losses to the organization, both clinical and enterprise; developing and maintaining appropriate loss prevention policy and strategy
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basic computer, writing,presentation and analytical research skills
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org