Community Health Worker AsthmaApply Now Job ID 82289 Date posted 10/24/2018
Location: 3300 Main Street
Baystate Health is seeking a Community Health Worker for the Pioneer Valley Asthma Coalition grant that has been awarded. This grant is designed to improve the health and quality of life for people with asthma. The HPC’s SHIFT-Care Challenge grant opportunity is designed to foster innovative care delivery models in Massachusetts that shift the unnecessary delivery of care of complex patients from acute care hospitals to more economical, patient-centered, community-based settings. The intervention includes 3-4 home visits for asthma management education and support, distribution of supplies as well as home assessment and repair services for any asthma triggers that are identified.
What you will do:
- Target and outreach, including home visits, to the most vulnerable and at-risk patients and establish positive and supportive relationships
- Assist with medication adherence, reminding patients about upcoming appointments, arranging transportation assistance and other services patients may need
- Act as the primary contact person within the clinic for enrollment of new members and educates patients on all aspects of the healthcare delivery system
- Conduct Care Needs Screenings to the extent of his/her capability
- Coach patients in effective management of their chronic conditions and self-care
- Provides basic health education in individual or group sessions and helps patients to develop health management plans that support theirachievement of their individualized health and wellness goals
- Help patients in identifying and utilizing community resources using Health Leads database, in addition to scheduling and accompanying them to appointments, and assisting with completion of application for programs for which they may be eligible
What you will need:
- High School Diploma/GED Required.
- Two years of experience working in a community setting
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
MAY UNDERFILL AS A COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER APPRENTICE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Enrolled in CHW certification program or enrollment in CHW certification program within 6 months required.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
What you need to know:
- This is a grant funded position.
- This position is located at 3300 Main Street.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.