Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is hiring a Cook for a per diem position.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare hot and cold food items in an appropriate timeframe for assembly on the room service line following direction of supervisor
- Perform either prep or line cooking functions for patient or staff feeding in accordance with HACCP, JCAHO and DPH regulations.
- Ensure appropriate supply levels to execute daily production needs.
- Responsible for daily food quantity and quality based on C-Bord generated specifics.
- Maintain temperature and QA logs accordingly
- Safe, sanitary food handling techniques for feeding patients and staff
- Responsible for daily food quantity and quality, based on C-Bord generated specifics or par levels.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years’ experience in foodservice industry with experience in short order, line cook or prep functions required.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Strong verbal/written skills
- Diet knowledge helpful.
- Knowledge of basic cooking skills, good math skills, ability to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Knowledge of Serv-Safe related food handling techniques.
- Serv-Safe Certification required at hire or within 6 months of hire.
What You Need To Know:
- This is a per diem position and requires weekend availability.
- This position is located in Springfield, MA.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.