Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Thank you for applying to this position. Please note the following:
- Department: Adult Psychiatric Treatment Unit (APTU)
- Hours: 32 weekly, with rotating weekends and holidays
- Schedule:Nights, 11p-7:30a
- Location: Main Hospital, 759 Chestnut Street Springfield, but may need to rotate to community hospitals as needed (Greenfield, Westfield, Palmer)
- Please include a resume with your application
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $2.5 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware.
What you will be doing:
Perform a variety of duties relating to patient management, therapy, and care on the inpatient psychiatric units.
- Provides age-appropriate care to patients. Demonstrated knowledge of Erikson's developmental stages for the following age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients.
- Participates in Multidisciplinary Team approach to patient care. Completes counselor part of admission within 24 hours as evidences by review of documentation.
- Reviews admission and progress notes of staff members to develop a better understanding of patient as evidenced by participation in team meetings and feedback from other team members and supervisory observation.
- Participates as a team member in evaluating, planning therapy and developing discharge plans in collaboration with team nurses, as evidenced by feedback from other team members and supervisory observation.
- Reports observations of patient status to team members, provides input to the diagnosis of patient, development of a patient psychiatric history, development of patient treatment plan and evaluation of patient's response as evidences by participation in team meetings and review of patient records.
- Provides input to team/charge nurse in the preparation and updating of patient care plans as evidences by feedback from RN staff and supervisory observation. Assists other team members in providing care to unassigned patients as evidenced by supervisory observation. Acts as preceptor to assist with orientation of newly employed Counselor I and II's according to established department procedures as evidenced by feedback from orientees, Unit Instructor, and Supervisor orientation.
- Provides for safe environment. Observes for potential safety hazards on the unit and reports hazards to charge nurse immediately as evidences by reports by charge nurse and supervisor observation. Conducts rounds to assure patient safety and to provide ongoing assessment of patients as per unit policy as evidenced by feedback from charge nurse, random review of rounds sheets, and supervisory observation.
What you need to qualify:
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education or related Human Service field; Master’s preferred
2 years of related experience
*May underfill job at lower level and salary based on experience
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Excellent computer skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Age Specific Competencies in- service or equivalent training.
Behavior Management Training/Collaborative Problem Solving.
Restraint and Seclusion in service or equivalent training.
Physical/Psych Mgmt Training (within 60 days of hire) required
CPR required; American Heart Association Basic Life Support only
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.