Dir Patient RegistrationApply Now
The Director of Patient Registration is a highly visable and responsible position that has a signfiicant impact on the Baystate Health financial success as well as patient satisfaction and engagement. This position is responsible for providing effective leadership for the organization, consistent with Health System objectives related to patient financial engagement and front end revenue cycle management. The Director is responsible for effective management of patient registration which encompases the registration, check-in and point of service collections functions for the health system.
1) Responsible for leadership of assigned areas including coordination and advisement of personnel within assigned areas in support of managers and associated staff including but not limited to performance management,staff development, and workforce relations efforts. The Director approves all personnel actons including wage changes, disciplinary actions and establishes and monitors goals for assigned staff.
2) Provides key input and support for BH Revenue Cycle strategic intiatives. Updates organizational leaders on patient registration related intiatives including patient and customer feedback.
3) Responsible for development and monitoring of departmental operating, capital, and new program budgets. Develops onging productivity monitors. Responsible for adherence to established budgets or development of budget recommendations as required.
4) Provides leadership and direction for the registration function throughout Baystate Health either in a direct or indirect reporting relationship. Develop BH wide registration policies and procedures and establish staff eduction and staff performance expectations. Coordinates, leads and participates on complex projects related to patient registration intiatives throughout the Baystate Health organization
5) Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, work flows etc., for the assigned units and other patient registration areas as needed, and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the organization.
6) Understand, explain and make recommendations on updates/changes/replacements on patient registration IT systems used throughout the BH organization to maximize productivity, information flow and work flow automation related to the patient registration function.
7) Create a department wide understanding of the regulatory issues affecting patient registration through-out Baystate Health and maintain compliant policies and procedures
8) Provide leadership and direction to support customer services and compliance of all functions related to registration, check-in, point of service collections, federal and state requirements of the registration process to ensure patients receive an outstanding service in relation to the BH Revenue cycle.
9) Successfully builds relationships among BH Service line leadership, Senior Leaders, and Revenue Cycle leaders to maintain and enhance BH Revenue Cycle work flow and associated financial results.
Required Work Experience:
1) Seven to ten years of directly related experience in revenue cycle leadership role in acute care setting
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Demonstrated leadership/management experience in hospital financial setting, thorough understanding of healthcare patient registration management including registration, check-in and point of service collections processes
2) This would include a basic level of knowledge of hospital billing and collections, charging, coding,reimbursement methodologies, insurance rules, contract terms, and compliance requirements
3) Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact in tactful and respectful manner with staff, patients, and internal and external customers
4) Must have excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage staffs and projects in a fast paced environment
Associates of Science: Health Administration (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org