Director of Quality for Baystate Medical PracticesApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Responsible for the strategic planning, program development and operations for clinical quality, patient experience, and safety programs and initiatives that support patient populations/services lines throughout Baystate Medical Practices in collaboration with/under the direction of the Vice President Ambulatory Services and BH Senior Director of Quality. This position supports/directs the provision of high value patient care and effective utilization and allocation of resources. The Director ensures the development, implementation, and evaluation of quality related policies, practices, programs and is accountable for management and implementation of the quality program including: measurement and reporting of quality and patient experience metrics, reporting of clinical and outcome data on contract measures, education and training on best practices, and improvement techniques in clinical quality.
The Director of Quality collaborates closely with the service line leaders for Baystate Medical Practices (BMP). This individual will oversee Pay for Performance/Reporting requirements in collaboration with Baycare for the Accountable Care Organizations and other payer contracts. Key working relationships include the Medical Director for Quality and Population Health, other quality leaders across Baystate Health. The Director reviews/recommends and implements systems and strategies that will be responsive to the ever evolving needs of the clinical areas within BMP which shall result in high quality and safe clinical performance all while delivering an excellent patient experience.
- Ensures that Baystate Health is practicing evidence based medicine at all ambulatory settings by integrating research into clinical practice, measuring processes and outcomes of care, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Responsible for providing direction and leadership to the ambulatory leadership & clinical teams in the areas of performance improvement, patient safety, patient satisfaction, clinical efficiency, and medical management.
- Provide project management facilitation and oversight of redesign projects across the Baystate Medical Practices in all regions, focused on quality and efficiency projects, planned care, and disease and population management.
- Collects and analyzes data and produces quality reports that are useful and meaningful, with comparisons to national benchmarks and assures systems in place to maximize quality incentive program revenues and scores for public reporting.
What you will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, MSN, MBA, MHA, MPH strongly preferred.
- 5 years clinical experience and administrative experience as a quality improvement professional and leader working with both clinical staff and providers
- Demonstrated knowledge in QI/PI methods, tools, and processes.
- Experience with independent project management, efficiency, and an understanding of the principles surrounding performance measurement, reporting, quality improvement standards, and practices related to quality of care, safety programs, outcomes data management/measurement with analytical skills, health care cost measurement and containment, and patient experience.
- Demonstrated ability to implement tools which foster high quality and cost effective care.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include influencing others and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates ability in managing complex projects in a health care setting.
- Assiduous attention to detail and highly organized.
- An understanding of study methodology (along with a rudimentary knowledge of biostatistics) in order to assist in the grading of scientific guidelines, which will form the modules of clinical pathways,
- Strong interpersonal skills a must to build and maintain effective relationships with staff, organizational leaders and medical staff across Baystate Health system.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as well as ability to motivate others and work with many hospital-wide department heads, administrators, and physicians in a positive and collegial fashion
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.