Document Translations CoordinatorApply Now
Location: Baystate Medical Center
Baystate Health is seeking a Document Translation Coordinator for a full time position.
What You Will Do:
The Document Translation Coordinator oversees the translation of documents from throughout Baystate Health. Interacts with staff and management throughout BH to determine document translation needs and receives requests for translations, processes those requests, and delivers the translated document to the requester based on established deadlines.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Receive and delivers document translations from staff throughout Baystate Health. Uses e-mail, telephones and other means to receive document requests. Enters requests into translation project management software. Assigns translator to project.
- Once translator has completed work, assign document to translator/reviewer to proofread. Return document to initial translator with comments from reviewer. Receive final document from translator and checks for grammatical/spelling/formatting errors and delivers to requester on delivery date mutually determined by coordinator and BH staff member requesting translation.
- Ensure clean and consistent appearance of translated documents, adding standard logos as necessary.
- Accurately translate simple documents and/or review/edit documents as needed to expedite projects, often short passages/documents.
- Extend certification that a translation is a true and accurate translation affixing American Translator Association certification/number for documents translated by coordinator and/or minor edits that need to be made to previously translated documents.
- Provide monthly and annual reports to departmental management staff as established or requested. Provide reports on document translation as requested by departmental management team.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Spanish, Translation & Interpretation Required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience as a document translator required, 5 years of experience preferred.
- American Translators Association Certification required.
What You Need To Know:
- This is a full time position, 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday, business hours.
- This position offers the flexibility to work remotely, requiring in person attendance for staff meetings.
- This position is located in Springfield, MA.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.