ED TechnicianApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
The Emergency Department at Baystate Medical Center is the only Level I Trauma Center in western Massachusetts. We are the largest provider of tertiary care in the region with over 110,000 patient visits annually. Within dedicated treatment areas, our professional staff cares for pediatric, trauma, and psychiatric patients as well as those with both major and minor medical or surgical illness.
OUR EMERGENCY & TRAUMA CENTER INCLUDES:
- Patient care rooms with glass-front doors enhance privacy, creating a comfortable healing environment:
- Three dedicated Trauma Rooms equipped with the latest technology
- The region’s only Pediatric ED – a new, dedicated area uniquely designed for the treatment of children
- A private, quiet, secure environment for patients with behavioral health issues
Baystate is seeking part time ED Tech.
What You Will Do:
- Daily activities are coordinated by the RN.
- Performs a variety of technical tasks and bedside functions. Responsibilities include direct patient care; hygiene, skin care, mobility, transfers and monitoring.
- Multiskilled to needs of unit in performing duties relative to all phlebotomy, technical skills, assisting in procedures and EKGs.
- Expected to manage equipment in conjunction with unit leadership and perform or assist in all procedures on unit as an integral team member.
- Responsible for knowledge of set up and assists in laceration repair, simple procedures and patient prep for exams.
- Maintains room stocking in the department.
- Responsible for maintaining the lab area and all associated competencies for POC testing, phlebotomy and upholding regulatory requirements to maintain POC testing ability.
- Possesses knowledge in upholding department goals of patient care by maximizing throughput and expediting care in this emergency department setting.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years of direct patient care experience required; EMT, ED/Urgent care experience or relative experience through the military medical units (Medic/Coreman training)
- Would consider primary care experience as well preferred
- CPR required- Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association only
- Phlebotomy certification preferred
- Medical Assistant preferred
- EMT-B preferred
What You Need To Know:
- Department: Emergency Department
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Shift: 3:00P-3:30A
- Every other weekend and holiday
- Orientation to the ED is held on the day after your agreed upon start date, mandatory attendance is required.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.