EMS CoordinatorApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Thank you for applying to this position with Baystate Health. Please note the following about this position:
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours: 24 weekly
- Shift: 8 hour schedule; Days
- Nights and/or weekends as needed for programs
- Please submit a resume with your application.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time throughout western MA
¿About Baystate Health
As the EMS Coordinator, you will act as the Baystate Health System liaison to affiliated EMS and prehospital agencies servicing the health care system's catchment area. The EMS coordinator will be responsible to the BMP Division of Prehospital and Disaster Medicine Chief and the BMP Associate EMS Regional Medical Director(s) to establish and/or maintain effective CQI processes at every EMS agency for which they have active affiliate agreements. The incumbent will provide education and training (including skills), conduct regular EMS patient record reviews, identify areas of need and execute process improvement remediation as required. Expected to track and oversee compliance of affiliation agreements and ensure consistent and appropriate levels of service at each affiliate agency to improve and maintain patient care quality and outcomes. Additionally, the EMS & Prehospital Coordinator will assist in prehospital provider credentialing and will be responsible for maintaining records of activities related to the credentialing. The Coordinator will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the EMS system principles, operations, clinical care standards and principles of CQI.
Engage and coordinate activities following the direction the Chief of the Division of Prehospital and Disaster Medicine as well as the Sr. EMS & Prehospital Coordinator for process and communication improvement with Emergency Medical Dispatch, Fire, Police, and Emergency Management Agencies in the Baystate health care system's catchment area. CQI for each of these agencies will be performed by the incumbent in relation to these agencies. Assisting the Chief of Division of Prehospital and Disaster Medicine as well as Sr. EMS & Prehospital Coordinator in preparedness activities (e.g. MCI, hazmat, civil unrest, terrorism) in collaboration with local public safety agencies will be expected.
The incumbent will assist the Chief of Division of Prehospital and Disaster Medicine and Sr. EMS & Prehospital Coordinator in guiding Baystate Health with interfacility and critical care transfers. In addition, s/he will aid in developing processes and strategies to assist the Baystate Health system in prehospital activities to reduce hospital utilization where clinically appropriate.
- You must possess a current MA Paramedic License, Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Experience in EMS operations, EMS clinical education, ability to evaluate the knowledge and technical skills of EMS providers, CQI, Simulation skills training
- 3-5 plus years’ experience in field as Paramedic
- Experience in EMS operations, EMS clinical education, ability to evaluate the knowledge and technical skills of EMS providers, CQI. Ability to travel up to 50% of the time throughout western MA.
- MA Paramedic License required; National Registry Paramedic preferred
- AHA BLS required
- ACLS and PALS required
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.