EMT Telemetry Patient TransportApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
The Emergency Department at Baystate Medical Center is the only Level I Trauma Center in western Massachusetts. We are the largest provider of tertiary care in the region with over 110,000 patient visits annually. Within dedicated treatment areas, our professional staff cares for pediatric, trauma, and psychiatric patients as well as those with both major and minor medical or surgical illness.
OUR EMERGENCY & TRAUMA CENTER INCLUDES:
- Patient care rooms with glass-front doors enhance privacy, creating a comfortable healing environment:
- Three dedicated Trauma Rooms equipped with the latest technology
- The region’s only Pediatric ED – a new, dedicated area uniquely designed for the treatment of children
- A private, quiet, secure environment for patients with behavioral health issues.
Baystate Health is seeking a part time EMT Telemetry Patient Transporter.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for safe transporting of cardiac monitored as well as unmonitored patients to and from tests and procedures from all units procedure areas or designated coverage area.
- Able to coordinate and organize transport of patients on time in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Communicates effectively with all departments.
- Responsible for attaching monitor, identifying cardiac rhythms during transport, identifying need to call RRT or Code, able to perform CPR.
- Responds to code blue calls within the area of responsibility to assist as directed. Contributes to the overall orderliness and cleanliness of the unit or designated coverage area.
- At all times serves as a representative of excellent patient centered care at BMC and must be able to interact well with patients in a comforting manner while maintaining patient privacy and dignity during transport.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma/GED
- EMT with 6 months experience required
- Must be able to identify cardiac arrhythmias, complete all Web based safety training modules and other training as required
- EMT and BLS Certification required
What You Need To Know:
- Part Time
- Location: Emergency Department, Baystate Medical Center
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.