Enterprise Security ArchitectApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
This position is accountable for the strategic design and management of the corporate security infrastructure and related services to guarantee timely, efficient, accurate and uninterrupted service in support of an Integrated Delivery System. The position accomplishes the above through a combination of consulting, planning, technical analysis and design, and technical management of systems functions consistent with Baystate Health, Inc. policies and procedures.
Ensure all designs and implementations support business architecture and IT-division service strategy and that they conform to accepted organizational standards for technology architecture and service delivery. Coordinate all architecture and change activities with other IT-division elements to ensure properly coordinated and documented service transition activities. Provide documentation, standards and procedures as required to enable operational team ongoing support of technology solutions. Coordinate design, implementation and support activities with business and technology architects to ensure full support of business and IT-division strategy. Carry out design and implementation to ensure the highest degree of standardization and synergy.
The incumbent in this position advises management on new emerging threats and security technologies and makes informed recommendations. Develops short and long range strategic plans for security infrastructure and related services. Guides evaluation, selection and implementation of infrastructure related vendor supplied software packages, including: installation, customization, and ongoing support. Develops specifications for major infrastructure software development projects. Trains and serves as technical resource to assigned personnel. Keeps management apprised of progress, plans and issues via weekly status reports. These functions are performed in accordance with Baystate Health's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
This position reports to the Director & Chief Information Security Officer.
1) This position is responsible for the overall architecture, design and planning functions in support of the following areas:
Current and future technical and administrative security controls.
Review of current and emerging security technologies and practices.
Provides security controls guidance and oversight to resource managers.
Research and prepare security administrative controls such as procedures, standards, guidelines and best practice documents for both IT division and enterprise partners.
Analysis and proposal of changes in anticipation of future needs.
Construction of server topologies to maximize efficiency and security of systems.
2) This position recommends corporate standards and procedures for utilization of security services and related technologies. The incumbent provides production escalation support and problem resolution. He/she maintains service levels consistent with agreements.
3) This position provides guidance and oversight to resource managers in the following areas:
Backup and recovery
Data loss prevention,
Perimeter Security Services
4) Defines security related requirements for all network devices, servers and workstation operating systems in production use. Consult with technology architects to ensure planned technologies are assessed for security policy and standards compliance, accepted for use and covered under a build standard prior to introduction to the BH network.
5) Develop standards for secure use of common services such as web, HTTP, SFTP, and others for both internal and perimeter networks.
6) Establish methods and procedures to monitor security systems.
7) Consult on standards for installation and configuration of security technologies.
8) Evaluate security products and services, prepare cost estimates and obtain statements of work.
9) May lead or direct other positions more junior or work in peer settings to establish team protocol on a wide variety of projects and/or task assignments. May provide team leadership within the Information Security Office or in groups containing members of other technical personnel.
10) This position is responsible for vendor relationship development, management, negotiations, etc.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of ten (10) years of hands-on systems administration and troubleshooting experience in a heterogeneous environment is a must
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Knowledge of the Windows and common Linus operating systems
2) TCP/IP networks supporting Windows based servers, and of DHCP, DNS, WINS, Web Servers, FTP Servers, SMTP Server, SNMP and other TCP/IP based services and applications
3) Ability to troubleshoot complex systems and resolve problems to keep mission critical systems on line
4) Ability to configure reliable, secure, performance tuned systems on Windows based servers
5) Incumbent must possess an extensive knowledge of anti virus, antispam and email systems
6) Incumbent must possess an extensive knowledge of Internet and Intranet technologies and strategies
7) Demonstrated ability to think logically, work with and/or supervise others in problem troubleshooting, to communicate on technical issues effectively both orally and in writing, and to meet deadlines and to work accurately
Education:Bachelor of Science: Computer and Information Science (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org