Certified Surgical First AssistantApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
What You Will Do:
The Certified Surgical Technologist (CST), First Surgical Assistant provides aid in exposure, hemostasis, closure, and other intraoperative technical functions that help the surgeon carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient.
- Determines specific equipment needed for each procedure
- May review permit to confirm procedure and any special needs for the procedure.
- Participates in “time out” sessions prior to surgery
- Assists in selection and placement of x-rays for reference
- Assists in moving and positioning of patient.
- Insertion and removal of Foley urinary bladder catheter; based on completed competency verification
- Placement of pneumatic tourniquet.
- Verbal confirmation of the procedure with surgeon.
- Drapes patient within surgeon’s guidelines
What You Will Need:
- Associates Degree required or program accredited by Committee on Allied Health Education Association or have completed a structured training program and hold a professional equivalent
- Surgical Technologist with a minimum of 4 years experience.
What You Need To Know:
Location: Daly Operating Rooms- Baystate Medical Center
Hours: Days, 40 hours per week
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.