Groundskeeper - UnlicensedApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is hiring a Groundskeeper for a full time position.
The Groundskeeper performs a variety of tasks involving maintenance of grounds and landscaping throughout Baystate Medical Center. This role helps maintain an outdoor environment that is safe and appealing to patients, visitors, and staff.
What you will do:
- Operate a variety of tools, equipment, and vehicles, such as pickup trucks with trailers, bobcat loaders, Zero-Turn moweres, edger’s, and other motorized and/or hand operated machinery.
- Service, clean, lubricate, and replace worn or broken parts on landscaping, and snow removal equipment as needed.
- Perform installation, dismantling, repair, renovation, and alteration of structures, equipment and furniture; participate in demolition.
- Answer service requests calls as well as other groundskeeping related phone inquiries.
- Properly clean and dispose of various types of medical waste and spills that occur outside on the grounds, including needles, syringes, broken glass and other items that could be considered medical waste.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Driver’s license required.
- Hoisting Engineer (HE-C2 Front End Loader/Unloader) or ability to acquire one.
- Working knowledge of various types of lawnmowers, such as walk-behinds, riders, push mowers, etc.
- MA DOT Medical Examiner’s Certification.
- Familiarity with the safe operation of grounds equipment.
- General knowledge and safe use of pruning equipment e.g. hand saws, chain saws, pull, pruners, loppers, and others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of lawn irrigation systems, also have the ability to identify, replace and/or repair parts, such as nozzles and pipes.
- Previous experience in healthcare facility preferred.
Applicants must possess a valid driver's license recognized by the employee's state of residence and satisfactory finding from their Motor Vehicle history report as a contingency of employment. A drug screen is required after an offer of employment is extended. Failure to comply with or have acceptable test results will result in the rescinding of the employment offer. Employees whose positions are covered by this policy are subject to random drug screening and an annual review of their motor vehicle history.
What you need to know:
- This is a full Time position, Monday through Friday; may require weekends availability.
- This position is located in Springfield MA.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.